Pregabalin 2 months on it so far- Advice needed and my background

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Hoping for some help from experienced Pregabalin takers. I am a confident person and not someone who is depressed. I get very stressed easily, bit OCD but mainly I get so stressed about little things I lose focus, get blurry, can't focus at work etc. I do bite my nails alot, bite my finger, get silly things like twitches sometimes etc...

My doctor said I'm anxious although I don't feel it I have started Pregabalin.

I found that a dosage of 200 in the morning and 200 at night suits me. It has helped me regaine focus and stress loads less, does that mean I was anxious?

I've noticed I feel very bloated, not extra hungry or ate loads but feel bloated. Will I put on weight with this? Something I worry about also precious to taking the drug.

I guess alot of my point is, does it seem that I should be taking this drug or am I better off without it? Will it be a lifetime thing? Will I get really fat or do side effects change in time?

By the way I've been using it 2 months now.

Please help with advice I'd appreciate thanks you x

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi nj

I've not been on here for a while but I am an experienced Pregbabalin 'taker'.

For me I was/still am prescribed it due to helping me overcome my Opioid addiction which when I quit caused physiological/physical issues (mainly Anxiety and RLS & Cravings).  I have been taking for well over a year 300 x 2 a day.

Pregabalin is prescribed for numerous ailments.  Epilepsy, Nerve Pain, Anxiety, Addiction issues + more.  

When you first take pregabalin the effects can be quite euphoric, but after a month that wears off.  It will calm anxious people down that is correct and taken continuously will control that anxiety.

I found that it made me very hungry and also increased my sex drive big time.  At first I put a load of weight on (2 stone) but have since controlled that and have lost most of it. I've also noticed it can make you very forgetful and impede your speech, but that too can be controlled via concentration.

Pregabalin is also very addictive so be careful.  I tried to stop once and experienced just as bad (if not worse) withdrawal effects as Opioids.  Some compare it to to a Benzo withdrawal which can last weeks.  When my time is right my GP has said she will put me on a very very slow taper from Pregabalin.  Coming off it needs to be an even slower taper than Opioids.

I hope this has answered some of your questions, I will be taking it for the foreseeable future until a time upon which I feel is right for me to stop, I dont want to be taking this drug for the rest of my life.

Cheers

Ian

• Posted

Thank you for taking your time to reply Ian. Would you say 200 morning and 200 night was a high dosage? What is a reasonable dosage would you say for me given the details I provided? My doctor has been bit hit and miss and kind of just said takes a while to get the right dosage but not provided anymore details. I have noticed this euphoric feeling you say about bit like if you take an illegal drug and have a bit of a bounce in your step. Would you then need to up your dose or is that euphoria supposed to wear off? I don't want to take a drug everyday in all honesty. I'm just so 50/50 about whether it works or to even take it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.