Pregabalin

Posted , 5 users are following.

My doctor has prescribed pregabalin for nerve and muscle pain in my back. I haven't started it yet, but would like to know if anyone else has found it helpful for that type of pain?

He's prescribed me 50 mg x 2 day.

If it helped, how long until pain relief and anything else I should know?

many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi Joy.

I tried everything for sciatica. The only thing that worked was pregabalin but i landed up on quite a heavy dose. i had no side effects at all and after a month or so i cut it out in less than a week no trouble. For me it was brilliant.

However, my experience is not reflective of most on this forum for whom there have been many horror stories. My consultant was quite dismissive of all the 'bad press' but you will need to make your own mind up.

good luck, Richard

• Posted

*Pregabalin was originally prescribed for epilepsy, and then used for pain relief and anxiety.

Some people adapt to this drug depending on the dosage, can go up to 450mg, but there is always a but. This drug can zombiefy you, as well as help you. It's got a track record like some other drugs of being particularly hard to withdraw from. This is not meant as a frightener but there is a website on facebook called Lyrica survivers club. Patients who have been on pregabalin and have had troubles with withdrawal.

I tried it for anxiety, but I didn't like the side effects, so came off it after a month. It's been a life saver for others. Just be cautious, it might work out for you. Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.