Pregabalin any positive comments

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have just joined this community, and also have been on pregabalin for 3 months, 25 mg x 3 / day. I have been taking it for anxiety and depression on the advice of my psychiatrist. This dose, I am told is very low, and as it is having little effect, have been advised to increase it. Looking at other sites the responses are very positive.

I would be interested on other people's thoughts, whether it has helped them or not?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi William, I was first prescribed 150 mg. p.d. and the effect was negligible. When this was increased to 300 I noticed an improvement immediately and that has continued to be the case. Everyone's physiology is different ( some doctors don't appreciate this)but the higher dose is helping me at the moment. good luck. Alan.

• Posted

Thanks Alan for replying so soon, much appreciated. l just heard so many negative comments about progabalin, and the withdrawal problems associated that you are never sure who is right. I appreciate that our responses to the drug can vary but you have given me some reassurance. I will increase my dosage and hope for a good result.

Once again thanks for your thoughts on this subject

many thanks.

william

• Posted

William,

I mean this in the best intent, but if you have tried alternatives, then this is even more of a reason why you should really consider what you are doing here. Liz is very knowledgeable about these drugs and helped me - I just wish she was there earlier.

This drug IS NOT APPROVED for treatment of anxiety. Look into the FDA files about this - please. I do not have a vendetta against Pfizer, I just don't want people to suffer like I am.

Maybe you can tell us what you have tried, at what doses, and there could be some advice there. Psychiatrists may have their letters, but with 2000 medical papers published every month, they can't keep up with it all. Mine did not even know the half life of Duloxetine and tried to taper me the wrong way. This was after a second opinion from another Psy.

As Liz said to me only the other day, you are the captain of your own ship. Look after yourself and please please make sure you know what you are letting yourself in for. But whatever you decide, and whatever the outcome, I would always help.

Sincerely hope you find the right way forward,

Matt

• Posted

it's been a while Alan since our last contact and I was wandering whether the increase in pregabalin is still proving beneficial for you. I'm on venlefaxind ×3 plus pregabalin x3. it's not working. interested to know how you are getting on.....regards William

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.