Pregabalin for anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just wondered if there is anyone out there on pregabalin for anxiety ? I currently take duloxetine 90mg and mirtazapine 45mg for depression but my physchiatrist has just pescribed pregabalin for anxiety starting tonight with 75mg but will be 2 x 75 a day.  Not sure what to expect as have read both good and bad stories. Any experience would be helpful. Thanks and best wishes 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A friend of mine actually spoke about this today. He's been given it for sciatic pain. He said that's its great for sleep. Well his exact words where " it knocked him on his ar*e"!! He is on the highest dose though so lower doses will more than likely have a sedative effect,just calm you down xx
    • Posted

thanks Gillian, I did sleep well last night and did feel a bit calmer so here's hoping 
    • Posted

Oh that's great news. Think half the battle with any illness or ailment is getting enough rest xx
    • Posted

Do you mind me asking how long you have been on mirtazapine and if it has helped your depression any? If so,how long did it take until you found it was of benefit xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.