Pregabalin for anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi ive been prescribed pregabalin for generalised anxiety disorder, starting day 3 now and experiencing worsened mood, insomnia and heightened anxiety/agitation.

im due to see my psychiatrist in 2 weeks time to review the medication however i was just wondering if this has happened to others and does it subside eventually?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chelsea. Lyrica has a lot of bad side effects. My husband was prescribed it for neuropathic pain and he had a terrible time with it.

Theres a great support group on Facebook called lyrica survivors so it might be worth following them

good luck

lesley

• Posted

I have taken prebagalin for about a month now for SFN issues. Initially it did make me feel dull at times during the day but those issues have abated as have gotten use to it. Have a marked decrease in nerve issues so at this point very happy with it. I was taking medicine (generic ambien) for sleep issues (long term insomnia history) prior to starting pregabalin and just continued that medicine. Can't comment on any sleep issues caused by pregabalin as I sleep soundly each night from the sleep med.

• Posted

I was also prescribed 'pregabalin' (LYRICA) but for nerve disorder 'peripheral neuropathy', basically nerve pain in my legs and hand, which also affects my balance.

It works well, HOWEVER, I have been on the tablets, I take 225mg in the AM and 150mg PM for about five hears now. I noticed that if I forget to take the tablets for a day, I get large mood swings, depression and restless sleep.

Despite the tablets being and working well for me I am now undertaking a regime to reduce, very gradually my dosage. I am unhappy about this side effect!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.