Pregabalin for anxiety and mood booster?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been prescribed Pregabalin for my anxiety and would like to know if anyone else has noticed that it not only helps with GAD but also seems to give a boost of energy. It seems to only last about an hour after taking it but I do feel lifted up and want to get things done at home and my mood seems to be better even if its short lived. Also the strange thing is my senses seem to be enhanced like my sense of smell and colours seem to be more vivid and brighter, also lucid dreams (I will discuss this in another topic).

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello forrest.

Glad to hear pregab is helping you.

I have been on pregab for nearly a year now and i can relate quite a lot of what you say.

Pergab,for me has been a life saver after suffering for years(22 to be axact) with pain in my head and neck nerves.

You may or may not be aware that It is an anti-epilepsy drug and is prescribed for anxiety and neuropathic pain.It's predesessor was Gabapentin.

I'm not aware of the dose you are on but i take 3 or 4 x 150mg a day, max is 600mg per day, and i cannot say it helps with energy but it could be that you are being, somewhat, released, by it controling your axiety and therfore giving you a boost of living again.I used to suffer quite a lot with axiety and head/body nerve pain and it has/will ruin lives, but since i took it i have had rapid results.

I'm so glad to hear you have had such happy results and wish you well.

Good luck!biggrin

Yod.

• Posted

Hi Yod,

​I take them for anxiety 150mg twice a day and they do seem to work ok, I was taking diazepam 5mg twice a day before.

• Posted

I decided to take a B12 vitamin complex for my nervous system and that helps a little.

Might be worth a go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.