Pregabalin for anxiety - does it work? side effects?

Posted , 13 users are following.

21 yrs old - Diagnosed with GAD and panic attacks at 16

CBT, counselling, relaxation and mindfulnes, SSRIs + beta blockers have all been unhelpful

Diazepam has so far been the only thing to help with my panic attacks

Started 150mg daily (75mg x2/day) pregabalin / lyrica for GAD

Please share your experiences. Has it helped? Any side effects? Etc

PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU HAVE TAKEN/TAKE PREGABALIN FOR GAD

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It really works for me, more so than Benzos. However it only started to work for me at 600mg. Really helps my sleep to! Had no side effects at all luckily.
  • Posted

Lyrica was a lifesaver for me. For both severe anxiety attacks and for chronic back pain.

Most side effects fade in the second week and more the next and next. If a person can take time off work in the beginning would probably be best. Most people can not get through those entail weeks, because they have priorities in life that prevent them from being off kilter for two to three weeks. If you are like me, those weeks are worth a lifetime of relief. That being said, everyone is different and reacts differently to medication.

Lyrica is not proven to be addictive. It does cause physical depence, so do SSRIS. I had a hell of a time coming off of Paxil. Paxil is not addictive. Many medications cause dependence and must be tapered down to quit using them.

Addiction is marked by a change in behavior caused by the biochemical changes in the brain after continued substance abuse. Substance use becomes the main priority of the addict, regardless of the harm they may cause to themselves or others. An addiction causes people to act irrationally when they don’t have the substance they are addicted to in their system.

You will not start robbing pharmacies, stealing out of your mother's purse or meeting shady characters on dark alleys to get more.

But you will feel crappy when withdrawaling from the drug when you decide to stop. How crappy will depend on how quickly you and your doctor decide to taper off the drug.

Good Luck

• Posted

I have been taken 25mg in mrning nd 75mg atnight.

slight improvement but nothing major

• Posted

Hi. I've just started pregabalin and don't feel much different yet. I still have obsessive thoughts still going thru my head, and other things from my past that are making me anxious and depressed. My doctor who I have being seeing years about this will only prescribe me antidepressants, so 3 days ago I bought some pregabalin online so as to see if they have any effect . Nothing yet but give em a try and see. Will keep it informed

• Posted

I wouldnt be buying drugs like Pregabalin online, it Is a dangeous enough drug without buying them online
  • Posted

I've just started pregabalin 25 mg 3 times a day and I don't feel myself when it wore off I had chronic pain and took my usual codiene 30mg and paracetamol with pregabalin I've definitely learnt not to take it with my codeine. Anyway I feel relaxed but cannot sleep I've got diazepam but I don't want to rely on them but doing physio aswell is painful. I'm just wondering how others feel when they first start pregabalin?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.