pregabalin or anxiety making me stupid? brain not working

Posted , 13 users are following.

so i'm on 450mg of pregabalin as i suffer with very severe disabling GAD 

i have become stupid, my mind doesn't work properly, i can't focus, i can't read, i can't structure sentances properly i can't think of the right words to use, i struggle to keep up with and understand text and conversations, i can't work out simple equations, my brain just doesn't work properly anymore

my dr says it's just my anxiety, mind being everywhere and all

but i've never been like this before. only when in stressful, anxious and overwhelming situations, i'm now like this constantly

i know pregabalin can effect your consentration

is this anxiety or the pregabalin ??

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This medication has been a God send for me and has helped my anxiety to the point it has almost disappeared.

I would take what a lot of people say with a pinch of salt. There seems to be a lot of budding doctors on here that should remember that they are only speaking from there own individual experience.

Good luck and I'm glad things have resolved now you are on the correct dose smile

• Posted

I agree with you Annonymouss, you should never just stop taking your medicine unless a GP advises you to do so. I think it says this in the instructions which come with it in the box.
  • Posted

I should not worry too much Annonymouss. What you are describing sounds to me like the side effect of Pregabalin. We all suffer a bit from woolly thinking when under the influence of this drug. Remember, you are on 450mg of Pregabalim and the maximum dose is 600mg so you are bound to feel it a bit. I don't worry about it. As long as I am up by 11.00 am ready to face the morning I don't really care. There is no point in getting up too early, just think of all those poor people on the M25 who get up early ever morning to tare around all those roads to get to work for eight O'clock what a wind up that would be. Better to stay in bed until 11.00 am and save on all that global warming. I get quite a nice buzz on Pregabalin and my misses always makes me a nice cup of tea before I start the day.

The GP does not give you this drug for no reason just don't worry about it, just consider yourself as one of the chosen ones, I do!

• Posted

haha that sounds lovely wish my bf would do that for me! 

i just worry that i want to get a job again.. and i just don't know if i would be able to process anything if i did. i must say being down to 400mg has helped my mind a bit but it has also made my anxiety worse again

hope you are doing okay and thanks for your comment

• Posted

My memory seems to be effected from this drug big time. gone very forgettful
    • Posted

I am affraid it does mess with your memory because it supresses the signal from nerve endings. I don"t worry too much as long as it stops pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.