Pregabalin rewisca and gad

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I was diagnosed of generalised anxiety disorder and emotional dysregulation on 28th Feb and my psychiatric put me on pregabalin 25mg twice a day for a week then 59mg for a week but I cudnt cope with the 50 as made me have bad sleepless nights and made me feel worse so I've stuck to the 25mg for 4 weeks now but everytime I keep getting a new prescription the pharmacys are given me different brands all time and I can only function on the rewisca well now the pharmacy gave me pregabalin Krka 25mg and I've taken first one last night kept me up all night fearing I was dying with severe dizziness everytime I dropped off to sleep.. made me panic so I'm rocking back and fourth so I never took it in the morning and all day I've felt really bad feeling sick bad dizziness and constant anxiousness and fearing I'm gonna drop dead I hate feeling like this i feel like I can't cope anymore.. and not sure what to do whether to stick to them or come off then completely.. I'm just so scared and everytime I ring my psychiatric they put me on to someone else that doesn't understand a word I'm saying.. it's like they know exactly what I'm feeling but they don't can anyone give me advice thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirstie

​Rewisca is a cheaper form of Pregablin, ie. it is the same drug but has talc and gritty fillers in with the powder form of the drug. There is no difference in potency between them. Having said that this is not a drug I would ever recommend anyone to take regardless of the fact that it has been given to you by a medical professional. It alters the brain chemistry and very quickly the central nervous system becomes addicted to it, needing more and higher doses tp achieve the early results. I suffered brain fog, loss of language skills, memory loss, nausea, loss of balance and I could go on. I was on 200mg a day for 15 months and I am tapering off this drug very slowly beccause of its serious withdrawals. I am now down to 100mg daily (50/50 am and pm). So far I have not suffered too may withdrawal symptoms and the ones I have are bearable. If you decide you do want to come off Rewisca you can always pm me and I will explain how to taper off safely and slowly. It seems that GPs and Consultants still think this is a wonder drug and a cure-all and are not willing to listen to patients who are reporting severe side effects and awful withdrawals, You may be told you can just stop taking it any time you wish to but please, whatever you do, do not follow that advice. Remember that the longer you are on this drug the more addictive it is, and after only days it has already caused changes in your brain chemistry. It is known that Pregabalin can cause excessive anxiety and depression and if this is the case with you please private message me and I will do all I can to help you, albeit it may take a day or two for me to reply. Do as much research as you can on this drug and then decide what is best for you to do. I wish you all the best

• Posted

Hello hunny thank you for the reply.. I don't even know why Psychiatric's think it's okay to keep giving people different meds I'm really glad your coming off them.. my body just doesn't seem to wanna react to anything I don't know why it prob don't help I'm still getting aload of stress in life and meds just ain't accepting my body coz of the response.. I have a very bad 5yr old and 4yr old child that abuses me every in single way and they very dangerous nasty manipulative.. and very very bad at trying to get between me and my husband.. and I just don't know what to do anymore.. my psychiatric has left so now I have to see someone else they have told me just to come off the pregabalin and was given ristridrone instead but now woke up to banging head muscle ache so tired drained my eyes burning.. my nose all blocked up even tho I had severe flu 3 weeks ago.. and I just kept having bad nightmare thoughts last night that I cudnt get that thought out my mind it's awful.. I don't know if this is withdrawal from pregabalin but I was only on 25mg twice a day doctors think I'm an idiot when I told him I cudnt cope with them let them try taken them and see how they feel

• Posted

Hi Kirstie

?I am sorry to hear of all your troubles and I know the situation you are in is not a happy emotional or safe place for any of your family. I can only urge you not to take Pregabalin now or in the future. It wil only add to your current problems and impact dreadfully on your future. Yes, you are having withdrawals from the sudden stopping even at 25mg x 2. It doesn't take much of this drug to affect your brain chemistry and the result is that your body is now crying out for a top up dose. As you have aready gone cold turkey it is a bit late for me to advise you how to taper slowly, but these withdrawals may stay with you for quite some time. Sometimes you will feel much better and think it is all over, but it rarely is and can come back with full force. The nightmares and bad thoughts are the drug trying to make you take yet another dose and then you will feel better. Ignore these thoughts, they are not real - just the drug itself talking you into taking more.

You mention a new drug Ristridone?? Do you mean Risperidone? This is for Bi-polar, and/or anti-physchotic purposes. Has your Doctor explained all the side effects etc of this to you? I worry that you are being put on heavy duty medications without being advised of the pitfalls of such drugs. I hope that you will be seeing a new Consultant very soon that you can discuss these meds with properly and leave with constructive information to help you decide whether or not you wish to actually take them.

Please keep me posted Kirstie and I do hope that you get the help that you need quickly.

?Kind regards, Lizzie xx

• Posted

Hello Elizabeth thank you for messaging yes I took 1 dose of 0.5g of risparidone and it made me feel awful so I've stopped taking it until my next psychiatric appointment they did say about putting me on a sari fleuxotine on the next appointment but yea I'm gonna ignore meds put together and try hang out Hun.. I no it's awful but they can't keep putting me on high meds.. but I do have a lot of stress to having an autistic child and I think my 4yr old is the same as his behaviour is disgusting and trying to deal with myself and them 2s behaviour and looking after another 3 young boys is very hard.. do you no if emotional dysregulation is a personality disorder.. as I wasn't even mentioned about that she told me she was looking to diagnose on next appointment but don't know what it actually is.. I do have to have long term psychological therapy too which I have an appointment on 2nd may so I'm glad I'm getting support within months of meeting with psychiatric but dealing with these awful withdrawal symptoms are so hard can't imagine people fearing of dying all the time it's horrible thank you my lovely for being so supportive xxxxx

• Posted

Bless you, you have much to contend with for one so young and 5 young boys. There definitely is help out there for you and the family (you as an individual and as a family). I do know what Emotional dysregulation is but I think it best that you wait for your appointment and ask as many questions that you feel you need answers to at that time. An explanation from an expert is always preferable to a non-medics opinion believe me. It is good that you will be in long term physchogical therapy as this will help you to understand the issues you face and help you with the challenges. This issue with Rewiska and coming off so suddenly is just another added problem for you as the withdrawals will affect your life and emotions for a time and I hope they understand that you are in withdrawal. If they don't I'm afraid there is little you can do to educate them as they dn't want to hear that their new wonder drug is inherently Bad! The important thing is that YOU know and will realise the difference between the usual you (whatever your problems) and the withdrawal causing bad thoughts, anxiety about the lives others etc. These effects will eventually go away.

?Find and explore the help that you need, help for your boys and not forgetting your husband because if you can remain a strong family unit with all your needs being addressed in the necessary ways it will be good for you all.

?I will keep you in my thoughts and please let us know how you get on as and when you you get the help needed.

• Posted

Hello Hun you was right I'm having really bad side effects bin up all night from 2am

Bad hot flushes

My stomach turning

Bad dizziness

Chest pains

Severe nausea

Everytime I closed my eyes I thought I was dying

I was even thinking at one point I was craving for another but didn't do it I've bin up all night rocking back and fourth.. I hope I don't have it too bad I was only onit 4 weeks 2x 25mg a day.. xxxx why do psychiatrists tell you to stop cold turkey

• Posted

Hello Kirstie, I would strongly advise you to come off Pregabalin, but to do so you will need to taper this slowly over time. Abrupt cessation or cold turkey can be dangerous and lead to fits or seizures.

I was also prescribed Rewisca (Pregabalin) for GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) of 150mg per day or 50mg x 3 per day. I wasn't really informed about any side effects by my GP, and then "bang" after that time these effects were horrendous, and I mean horrendous. I couldn't even begin to write them all down here as space would not allow, but many of them were very serious. I'm glad that I am alive.

I went cold turkey (before I knew you shouldn't) and all hell broke loose, and spent the next week in bed hardly being able to move. But I stuck it out through will power and my friend finding a group which offered me real support. The group is a Godsend and on facebook entitled: "Lyrica Survivors" with over 4500 members who had my experience if not worse. To join you have to ask the admin who began the group after her shocking experience with Lyrica (Pregabalin) a number of years ago. She is incredibly supportive and knowledgeable on the subject of Pregabalin and safe alternatives to deal with anxiety and pain which are very effective. She also has a files section on how to withdraw from the drug to suffer the least.

I strongly urge you to join and see for yourself what other members have been through, even at low doses. The support there is second to none and quite amazing.

• Posted

Hello Chris thank you for messaging see rewisca made me stop being anxious and out of 7months I was able to go out and have fun with the family but it's the pharmacy that keeps doing it to me once gave me alzain then the next pregabalin KRKA and it just messes me up especially when my body is use to the normal rewisca.. I don't have Facebook unfortunately Hun so I can't get any support.. but I'm sure I will manage I'm 28 with 5 sons 1 with a disability and another 1 I reckon has as well.. but thank you so much for your support xxx

• Posted

You're welcome Kirstie. Just wanted to mention you have had excellent advice from Elizabeth, who I also met in this group. She helped me a great deal.

Not sure how the pharmacy can get your prescription wrong or incorrect, as potentially that is very dangerous of course.

I had a hell of a time coming off Rewisca and even more so from the side-effects of just being on the drug.!!!

Good although unusual to hear that Rewisca has helped you, and I am pleased for you that it has, as more often than not they have my horrendous experience whether on the med or trying to taper off of it.

I so hope you do manage with out much if any support, esp' from the Facebook group, but you can always post here in this group/forum if you need it and we'll be glad to provide it. 

My very best to you and yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.