Pregabalin - What is the final jump from 25mg to zero like?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

Over the recent months I have been engaged in a Pregabalin reduction programme. I have been taking the drug for suspected Fibromyalgia since September 2019, but it's more Allodynia (heightened nerve sensitivity), which seems be be my main discomfort. I just didn't want to be taking Pregabalin any longer than I have too and seeing if I can get relief by more natural methods.

At Christmas I was on 150MG and since Easter I have been on 25mg (once a day) in the morning.

I haven’t had any side effects (tho Allodynia up and down). I would like to take Pregabalin to zero now, but I am apprehensive in the current climate of Covid-19 and difficulty seeing a GP (phone consultation), of going from 25mg to total zero.

Is there a large jump from even 25mg to zero, or is it a case that 25MG is so low my brain isn’t really taking any notice of the drug now?

Anyone got any experience of this from a low dosage to zero, did you have any issues?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi I am really impressed with your controlled reduction in this 'troublesome' medication. I have been reducing my previous daily medication from 375mg to 150mg (75 mg AM/PM) over a period of several months, 75mg each time. As I have said in the past I was prescribed PG for perifheral neuropathy.

I hope to achieve the next move soon and I will be very interested in how you get on. Reducing at 75mg each time was noticeable, but I found it bearable. My last reduction was from 150mg to 75mg in my nightly dose, it had strange side-effects, I had wild dreams, mostly outrageously funny and stupid.

I hope all who are taking these couragous attempts to master this drug are well and safe.

I LOOK FORWARD TO ANY OTHER REPLYS TO THIS QUERY!

• Posted

Hi NIMIUMVINI

Many thanks for the reply. Did your PN get worse after reduction?

The most mg I have ever been on is 150mg a day (75x2 am pm) and it was difficult to say if Pregabalin was working for me. I didn’t think it was going to be the magic cure for my Allodynia, tho I do remember at Christmas (on 150mg) started getting burning toes/soles of feet and still do, this comes and goes through the day.

I was meant to have a nerve conductivity test done in April, but due to Covid-19 lockdown my appointment been moved to mid sept, this probably will tell me if I have nerve damage (PN) or something else such, as Fibromyalgia etc. My neurologist said I could up my Pregabalin, if required and informed my GP I could have this option, I was sceptical about logging on for more of this drug, without actually knowing what condition I have.

So far no real withdrawal symptoms, but difficult to tell if my Allodynia got worse, or not as some days better than others & tried some lifestyle changes.

I’ll let you know how I fair!

• Edited

Pump ginger, apple cider vinegar and hemp oil without cannabanoids, anti-oxidents and avoid anything that stimulates free radicals. You may feel depressed, like something is broken forever. Lyrica is also an anti-anxiety drug, so you may feel a little panic and anxiety. Thats okay, its just life.

This medication can cause dementia- glad you're getting off it. Seek out Nundle natural Skin solutions if you need some natural alternative. Look for natural solutions, and eliminate flour, white rice and sugar. I also avoid naprosyn as it has some very nasty side effects for me.

• Posted

I have heard of Hemp Oil and certain people getting benefit from it, I haven't used it, though thinking about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.