pregabalin withdrawal

Posted , 8 users are following.

has anyone successfully withdrawn from pregabalin using valium as a substute. I have asked my doc to substitue but she is not willing to do this, as I am already addicted to valium it would only be one addiction to deal with,  pregab acts in a diff way to valium and I think it might be easier to withdraw . I am using .67 of  ml which I think equals about 17 mgs v. the thing is I need the pregab but it makes me feel  worse I get more pain and become very agitated, restless, am becoming withdrawn  from life in general, I am like drunk andy pandy,  also have very little appetite, could a substute  be spread throughout the day instead of one dose? does anyone have any reasonable answers that might persuade  my doc with. tks rosie.x

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rosemary,  I had been put on Pregabalin 75mgs daily by the doctors 5 years ago.  I had had shingles and they said the pain I had on my left hand side was due to the shingles attacking my nerve ends.  I was put on the drug.  After complaining to the GP about the pain for 5 years I was recently put on Pregabalin 150mgs daily and I felt terrible.  I went down to 75mgs again but still felt terrible.  complained again to the GP.  I still have the pain after 5 years.  I have told the GPs I do not think the pain just under my bust with pain down left arm and pain in neck now is due to the shingles?!  I have been told that just because I used to be a medical secretary I must think I know.  The Gp said "you used to be a medical secretary you tell us what the pain is".  Every time I complain I am told that I will have the pain for the rest of my life and get used to it.  The GPs still latch onto the diagnosis that the pain is due to the shingles attacking my nerves.  I feel really bad and it feel as if I have a swelling under my left bust.  The side effects say heart failure etc. I recently went to the GP again and said I was not coming out of the surgery without anything being done and I want tests.  I was given normal blood tests and was told that he was NOT sending me for a scan.  I went to A&E over the weekend I felt so bad.  The bloods there showed nothing.  The chest x ray showed nothing.  The ECG did not show anything.  I still have the pain.  After again reading about the side effects of Pregabalin.  Now I think it must be the Pregabalin. I try to relax and I try to have a relaxing lifestyle.  I am going to try to withdraw from the drug.  I have not had the support from my GP.  I think I will also change my GP. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.