Pregabalin withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking 100mg at night and 100mg in the morning. I can honestly say that this medication was not for me but I’ve been told it addictive and hard to come off. Does anyone have any experience in withdrawal of pregabalin  . Chris 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris

Yes, I am tapering off Pregablin by using the 'water titration' method devised by two prominent Doctors. If you go on to YouTube and type in Water Titration you should find a video showing you how to do this. It is the safest way to taper off Pregab as your Brain Chemistry and Central Nervous system have become dependent on it and slow and sure is the only way to minimise withdrawals (which can be quite severe). Whatever you do, please do not go cold turkey as this can cause seizures and dreadful withdrawal symptoms over a long period of time.

I too was on 100mg morning and 100mg night and had side effects that I could not cope with ie Brain fog, memory loss, loss of language, balance issues and eye problems. A lot more but these were the main ones that after 2 yrs on it for Chronic Sciatic Nerve Pain persuaded me to come off. It did work for my pain but I was not prepared to trade my Brain for that. If you want to know anything else, or need any further information, please ask. Every individual is different and there is no absolute way of knowing how you will react to tapering. I can only say that slowly and carefully using water titration is working well for me. I am now down to 22mg x 2 a day from 200mg a day.

I wish you well and hope you are able to to come off this very hard hitting drug with the minimum of withdrawals.

• Posted

You poor thing you have had a torrid time. Thank you for the info I will have a look and literally try anything.

Take Care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.