pregabalin works it really helps anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on sertraline for 3months it made me nausea fro those 3 months it did not help my anxiety or depression I was in a right state in fact it made it worse and I lost 2 and half stone because I could not eat due to the side effects . My GP then told me to stop the sertraline and try Pregabalin after afew hours taking it the anxiety disappeared and I felt my life was back again it made me a bit drowsy like being slightly drunk but it was bearable just don't drive for a few days it lasted about a week before it started to ease off still a little bit now but I was able to go to see my family for the first time in months and I actually ended up going to the local pub and had a lovely lunch and there was NO ANXIETY at all, the anxiety had gone it brought back my appetite it is amazing if you can get this medication do it works wonders for me.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Nikij, glad to hear that Pregabalin works for your anxiety, and that you've got something of your life back.

I was prescribed it when diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it helps with the pain. I've also got ME (which I personally find the hardest to cope with). I was pleasantly surprised that it helped a bit with the ME symptoms.

I've been on it for a year and a half now, and sadly it doesn't seem to be working so well anymore . I wonder if anyone else has found this? I've tried increasing it slowly, but the side effects don't agree with me. Does anyone else out there take it for ME?

I know it's a constant juggle with meds...ie side effects against symptoms. I suppose it just depends on how much your condition affects your life.

Anyway..glad to hear that you're doing well.

• Posted

Hi

I've just been prescribed pregabalin 75mgs twice daily and sertraline 50mg for my anxiety-depression. My anxiety overwhelmed, I couldn't function, couldn't eat, retching etc and constant nerves. I've only started pregabalin and feel dizzy and totally zoned out and weird, it's sorta scaring me. Did you have this at the start and how long til it cleared up. I have zero appetite also.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi celt34

Sorry to hear you feel scared. I did at first but bear with it when I first took it I was so worried how it would effect me at first it made me feel very drunk like feeling it does wear off after about a week, I didn't drive for a couple of days. My anxiety went within a couple of hours which was great my appetite started to come back within the first few days, after now being on it for 4 weeks my appetite is back to normal I still can not feel eating in the morning but by lunchtime I have a sandwich and dinner time I can now eat a proper meal. My GP took me of sertraline after being on it for 3 months it made me sooo ill I was retching in the mornings I constantly felt sick, I could not eat and due to this I lost 2 stone in weight.

I am now on 75mg x2 daily I take one at 10.00am in the morning then again at 10.00pm. I am still on 2/3 days of propranolol but my doctor has just changed my propranolol to 80mg slow release which I have started today will keep you posted on this so far so good.

You symptoms of anxiety sound exactly what I was going through it started due to stress at work and quiet a hectic year 2013 losing my granddad and bad hospital experiences I think my body just had enough by October 2013. I am off work at present and have been since November 2013 trying to get to a normal existents it takes time I'm told but hopefully back to work soon not until I'm sorted though.

I hope this information helps you feel free to ask anymore if you are worried I'm not a doctor but this forum helped me.

Hope your ok and take care you are not alone.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, this is my 3rd day on pregabalin but anxiety still here, I ate hardly anything last few days, the dizzy drunk feeling seems to be clearing up but it helped you straight away and

I can't help but worry that it won't help me. I've lost weight also and thought of eating turns me but I did force 1piece of toast in me today. I have so much to

get better for, partner and family but just can't turn this

around, I really want the pregabalin to work

so bad :-(

• Posted

Hi

Just thinking maybe you should suggest to your doctor to stop the sertraline because it made me soo ill I could not eat and the anxiety was horrendous it did not work for me in fact it made me worse.

Just a suggestion.

Sorry to hear it the pregablin is not working it might be because you are on the sertraline!

I hope your partner is supportive because you really need that from your family.

As soon as I stopped the sertraline the sickness went within a couple of days and once on the pregablin after a few days I started to eat , try slowly on biscuits, toast, things you like or fancy will help, mine was bananas strangely so I had banana sandwiches try something that you can swallow easily so you need to get your body strength back it does take time. I started with a bit of toast first then slowly it got better after a few days.

I hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks, I've been sick of and on from dec with anxiety, so I think they have given both so that they can hit my mood and anxiety. I'm only on 50mg of sertraline and they can up dosage of pregabalin apparently by I'm feeling much better today as in th drunk dizzy feeling has lifted, I just need to work on getting appetite back when thought of anything turns me. I have had a piece of toast today and I'm going to try nibble on some chicken lalater. Thanks for your replies, are you still anxiety free?
  • Posted

I was looking today, some ppl say it took a cpl weeks or so for pregabalin to work so fingers crossed that there's still hope, you were very lucky :-)
  • Posted

Hi

I am not anxiety free but it is a lot less than I was. I was about 80% anxiety level 100% being high I am now about 10% it has decreased a lot. stick with it and try to eat little but often.

It probably took quicker on me because I have a low immune system so tablets act quickly in me. also make sure you drink plenty that is what I was told because although you do not fancy eating drink more so you do not dehydrate.

Good luck keep me posted.

• Posted

Thanks for the replies, did you vomit/retch etc with your anxiety ?
    • Posted

Hi

ive been on gabapentin but switched three weeks ago to Pregablin for General Anxiety Disorder which at its worst, completely overwhelmed me .

At first i too doubted the efficacy of this medication as it had little or no impact on my anxiety which was ruling every aspect of daily life , particularly in the covid 19 lockdown .

After around 12 days i felt calm and composed and my anxiety was so much improved that i started to leave the house twice daily , having not done so for 4 months. Now i can truly say this has turned my life around - anxiety has gone completely , i have regained moat of the weight Id lost as a result of not eating and i can face the day again - even relishing the fact that i am awake which was never the case previously.

• Posted

Hi Celt34

The only time I felt sick or running to the bathroom to be sick but not actually vomit was when I was on the sertraline when I stopped the setraline the sickness disappeared . I do not get sickness with my anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.