Pregablin and Fluoxetine drug interaction??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

​I wondered if anyone has been on Pregablin and Fluoxetine at the same time, and whether this caused an interaction at all?  I am currently on 60mg Fluoxetine but also still on 100mg Pregablin (which I am slowly coming off of).......I wonder whether being on the two at the same time could be making things worse??  any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Donna x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna

?It is difficult to say, as you are coming off Pregabalin and possibly suffering withdrawals perhaps the fluoxetine may help rather than hinder. Pregab is a difficult drug to taper off and I am pleased you said you are doing this slowly. It is the only way to minimise withdrawals. Has your GP recently given you the fluoxetine? A lot of patients on Pregabalin are also on some form of anti-depressant but whether there would be a contraindication just with fluoxetine I don't know. Could you google this and put your mind at rest? Hope you feel better soon. I too am tapering off Pregab so I know where you are coming from, but I am not on anything else other than painkillers.

• Posted

HI Donna,

I have recently stopped taking both Pregabalin and Fluoxetine.  I had taken the max dose of Pregablin for 6/7 years and fluoxetine for 18 years.  I had no interaction between the two.  Well I don't think I did. To be honest fluoxetine was a lifesaver for me.  And then when I was prescribed Pregablin I thought I had at last discovered something that really helped with chronic pain.  My GP did not tell me anything about it and I blindly took it for about 7 years increasing very quickly to the max dose per day. Then recently I was admitted to hospital with awful vomitting and couldn't keep anything down for a week therefore going cold turkey on all my meds.  I was still very poorly when I came home from hospital and have been very unwell since.  Yesterday I had a scan on my gall bladder to check if that maybe is why I have constant nausea and hot/cold sweats.  But I think that it is all just withdrawal from Pregalin.  After googling Pregabalin when I first came home from hospital and reading such horrendous stories of withdrawal I am kicking myself for not googling it when it was first prescribed.  I would definitely keep taking the flouxetine if it is helping.  Hope this helps Donna and good luck in tapering off your Pregablin :-) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.