Pregablin does work

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i was doing really well with my fibro,i lost weight, started to walk easily,  then bang -terrible pain in tops of legs, hips  and groin so bad i was in agony putting one step in front of the other. i felt so down because i was not sleeping properly and off balance. i am already on pregablin.  i saw the practitioner and  she suggested i double the dose up before bedtime, that night i slept so well. and the pain has been so reduced i have been able to do short walks with the dog. The problem i have is knowing when to reduce it back down again, also i need a dose to go up to when the pain goes up again, as this was up to the max. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So good for you that is working Jude87739! Can you reduce it slowly by say 1/2 a pill a day for a week?  then 1/2 a pill again.. or even 1/3's if you can cut them that small.  I try to do this when going off meds.. It doesn't seem like such a shock to my system and mentally it feels better too..

• Posted

I Have been on Pregablin for around 3 years. It is very good however being on the max dose constantly means that I now feel I need something else throughout the day to boost the pain relief. I however have a problem with driving to work while under the influence of drugs. The doctor says it is my call if I work or not? Not the greatest advice.

I hope you are able to reduce your dosage but please be careful and ensure you do it under the doctors supervision.

Get better soon.

• Posted

If its working why are you concerned about reducing it.?

Unless your side effects are troublesome and your doctor is ok with you continuing why not stay on the effective dose and get on with a better life.?

Unfortunately this isn't a medication that you only have to take for a while to get cured and then come off it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.