Pregablin dosages

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi started taking 2 pills a day a couple of weeks ago but the side effects are making me very dizzy/drunk like.1 in the morning and 1 before bed.

Would it be harmful if I took 1 at say 6pm then 1 at bedtime?Can anyone help ??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi sarahtilly   i don't know your dosage sarah but if the packet says 1 tablet in the morning and one at bed time to a doctor taking the medication is as precribed but is only a  guide if it works better for you then . that is what matters you feelling better in yourself i have been on pregabalin for 3 years know  the side effects are not good if its for anxiety i found exercise worked and i got the dosage of pregabalin to the lowest i felt happy with. hope you are feelling better soon.

• Posted

Hi neurojohn.

Pregabalin is not an anxiety medication.

It is a nerve blocker to stop neuropathic pain.

• Posted

hi again   yes pregabalin is a nerve blocker but is also used to treat anxiety and its used a lot for that reason. thanks for the reply.
    • Posted

Hi All. My husband was introduced to Lyrica 6 years for neuropathic pain. It's a AED which is also used to treat neuropathic pain. It is important to know the adverse side effects from this medication and it seems each individual is different. He also suffered with peripheral oedema amongst psychological reactions to the drug. He passed away suddenly 5 months ago with heart failure from medication ( Lyrica and Tramadol). Knowing what I know now, we would have done research before considering this drug. He was on 600mg per day. My goal is to make sure others know the facts before they consider taking it. Your doc will not tell you this. Pfizer have published their clinical studies and side effects on the website. Don't rely on your doctors as they don't know how you feel. Best wishes Lesley

• Posted

hi lesley  i am sorry to hear about your husband  i myself has neuropathic pain from a head injury along time ago but pain only started 11 years after that i put pregabalin doses to the max but did nothing only num my legs since then reduced to 100mg twice aday but over the past 22 years i also have had respiration problems bad at times like i was going to die myself thanks for your reply.
    • Posted

Pregabalin is used to treat anxiety as my psychiatrist prescribed it for me last Summer , i take it 3 times a day . the initial side effects which my psychiatrist told me was having the feeling of having had a glass of wine - feel drunk , i have never felt drunk having a glass of wine but i certainly felt drunk when i first started taking Pregabalin as i would be unsteady on my legs an i get that everytime i forget to take the medication frown , don't know how long i shall be on it for .

• Posted

I've spoken to my Ms nurse and they said to take just one tablet a day for a month then try two in the evening.

I'm still feeling dizzy and have chronic back pain wish is affecting my legs now, seeing the doctor tomorrow so fingers crossed something can be done thanks for all the feedback.x

• Posted

Hi all just an update on the doctor appointment.So not only am i taking pregablin, I'm on codine 8 times a day and 500mg of medrone a day.i feel like a chemist i just hope these help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.