Pregnancy

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, ive been on citalopram for a year now... i fell pregnant in december and decided with doctor to start weaning... they said to go from 20mg to 10mg for a month, had some side effects, not too harsh. so they said to take 10mg every other day for another month, i didnt make it two weeks like this, awlful withdrawal so have started 10mg every day again and feel more stable.

can anyone give me some advice on pregnancy and citalopram please? i feel it was too quick of a taper?! obviously worried about baby but also worried that my anxiety will be awlful if i try and stop again 😦 thankyou

ps- im 4 months pregnant

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have the same problem. just found that I am pregnant, I am on 10mg and not sure what to do. I am thinking to wean to 5mg slowly and see.

let's stay in touch.

xxx

• Posted

oh yeah definately! i will gradually taper next month i think? maybe take 7mg for a month and then 5mg and so on x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.