Pregnancy acne

Posted , 5 users are following.

I used tretinoin cream 0.05% for acne n recently found out m pregnant for 5 weeks . n really worried as I've heard it causes birth defects ..please tell me has anyone been through this experience ?? Plus anyone suggest any good acne cream which is safe in pregnancy ...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

not really sure hun , your best bet is to see your doctor , or pharmist they should but your mind at ease but  my son has acne and I found coal tar soap to work brilliant and rose hip oil to put back moisture ... good luck and try not to worry it will cause you get more spots relax your gonna be a mommy in 8 mnths time biggrin
  • Posted

Hi hira congratulations, how long ago did you use it, I have read in reports that only four actual cases have been reported of birth defects after its use and so long as you have stopped now try not to worry, ask your doctor for something else or check on alternative remedies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.