Pregnancy after cauda equina

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with cauda equina almost 2 years ago and was rushed in for emergency surgery. I can no longer feel most of my feet, up the backs of my legs, most of my butt and my lady parts are completely numb. I can't use the bathroom normal anymore because the muscles don't work. I just found out Im pregnant with my forth child but my first since I was diagnosed with c.e.s. .. I'm worried about how to carry a baby when my muscles don't work and I have problems with balance and walking. I have endometriosis and didn't think I could get pregnant. is it possible to have a healthy pregnancy with such severe nerve damage?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was 28 weeks pregnant when diagnosed with ces, luckily surgery went well and baby stayed put. But afterwards all I was told was to try not to get to big lots of walking and I was given a csection at 36 weeks as I normally have big babies and they didn't want him getting to big and putting pressure on my healing spine.But I wasn't as unfortunate as you in the bathroom department so I can't imagine how difficult it will be for you.

• Posted

That's what Im worried about... I have to cough to pee and that won't be fun when I get big. Im scared out of my mind!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.