Pregnancy after surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

anyone discovered they were pregnant after a anterior and postuerior repair?

how was pregnancy and delivery?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've not been in that situation but if yiu have had prolapse surgery you will undo any repair that was done most definitely.

They usually suggest this type of surgery after yiur family is complete but I'm guessing a caesarian us an option .x

• Posted

yes i am only in my thirties and had surgery a year ago and it was an unplanned so just wondering if anyone had dimilar situation happen x

• Posted

Hi there

I had anterior and posterior repair after the birth of my son. I was told subsequent births would need 2 be caeser delivery and my twin girls were born that way about 18 months after my surgery. Fast forward 24 years and I've just had my 2nd repair. Doctor said the weight in my pelvis was enuf 2 prolapse again irrespective of delivery. He said nowadays they usually save surgery till after u have finished ur family. I hoped it was a once in a lifetime operation. Apparently not. Good luck.

• Posted

How wonderful it would be if it was lifetime surgery... I wish and was told 10 years at a push.

We mustn't forget our floor is working all the time and comes under so much downward force.

Wish I was told after my 2 babies about ptolapse.. forward 23 years and hello lo

• Posted

hi Welshgirl

well I hope this repair lasts a while cos I think I'm done. Was pretty hideous at 50 compared to 24!

• Posted

Yes lym I'm the same age although otherwise fit it does take longer at our age as the tissues are not as strong especially after menopause.

Oh how it sucks to be us sometimes lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.