pregnancy and pcos

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi I am waiting for results to find out if I am pregnant for the first time since finding out I have pcos but one thing ia confusing me and always has done, pcos causes your hormonal levels to become imbalanced and making the male hormones become too high so would this not mask the actual levels in your body for tests to pick up??? Because the way I see it and no one will explain it to me, surely it would have to elevate to become "normal" and thenhave to go even higher before a test will pick up the levels? If someone could answer this for me I would be so grateful as I have wondered this for literally years and now I have loads of symptoms including sickness, a 'pressure' just above my knicker line, constantly hungry (not like me at all!!), extremely emotional and easily start crying (again very much not like me, usually takes a lot to make me cry. ...usually) and always extremely tired. Have been to socs and she said it sounds like I am pregnant even saying the sleepiness was the clincher but I am worried about the test results. Would be great to get some feedback. Thanks Hayley :-) xx

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Phoned the docs and hcg levels are positive when the levels get to 5.0 and apparently mine were 1.5 :'( I am now waiting for the nurse to call me back to figure out what on earth is getting on. I just don't understand! I have all the symptoms and I feel exactly the same as I did when I was pregnant with my son 8 years ago I don't understand :'( am devastated and I am terrified of what is coming next and I don't know whether to trust my body or the doctors because even though the docs have said no my body still says yes! Has anyone been through this? I am so confused and don't know where to turn next :'(
    • Posted

sad oh i'm sorry hun, the body can play some pretty nasty tricks! I don't want to fill you with false hope but it could be that you ovulated a lot later than you thought which would mean you are still too early to show...but remember if you aren't pregnant your stress levels could be stopping you from getting your period. You need to try and relax and take your mind of it (i know, easier said than done) then atleast if you get your AF you're closer to being able to try again. Being in limbo is the worst place. I've been there and started looking into my symptoms too much and it drove me mad. I didn't have as many as you have though. Try and stay positive, it will happen it's just pcos doing what it does best and causing misery!! i'm in the waiting to test stage so i'll probably be driving myself crazy by next week x
    • Posted

Hi  everyone. ..m so glad to find this platform. .m in the same boati.i nvr had regular periods cz of pcos n I hv bn married fr 3 years now.i m on metformin 1500mg  fr a mnth.before tht I was on 500mg fr sone months as I cdnt tolerate higher doses n always got a really bad diarrhea. Anywys my dr. gave me provera to start my periods with clomid 50mg but I ddnt ovulate with it.now I had a repeated cycle of same medicines bt 100mg clomid this time.i was supposed to hv scans to c whn I ovulate bt unfortunately my dr. Went to a conference out of the country so i cdnt hv any But one, in which thr wr two potential follicles. Dr said thr r many chnces to gt prgnnt wth these doses Of medicines.shee advised to hv sex every other day. ..so we dd.now it's 24 th day since the first day of my period.n I hv many symptoms bt tody  the HPT came negative. M sooooo stressed. Is thr any hopem dying to fall pregnantcan anyone help
    • Posted

I have got symptoms like alternative constipation and diarrhoea, nausea, tiredness, mood swings, anxiety, sudden loss of appetite in such a way that I feel soo hungry that my stomach starts growling bt I dnt want to eat anything I feel nauseous. Bloating and frequent urination. All these signs r those on which I wdnt hv md any assumptions if I wdnt hv gt clomid.

Bcz I hv got most of these symptoms many a time before ..may b cz of hormonal imbalance bt ths time I hv gt a feeling tht m prego.n a v weird thng happened tht fr no reason all of a sudden my sex desire  totally finished! I cnt feel anything n evn thnkng abt hvng sex z horrible fr me.ths hs happened fr a week or so.i dnt evn wnt to go near my hsbnd.i feel so sorry fr him bt cnt do anything. ...simply can't!  Has anyone else got ths weird symptom?

• Posted

Hi,

I also have pics and have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years now, I track my ovulation which isn't often. I have been in your situation, the doctor told me I had a hysterical pregnancy, meaning that my body thinks I'm pregnant and I get all of the symptoms but there was no baby. Sadly it was very devastating for me. But they have me on metformin to help Balance hormones for over a year and still nothing. Hang in there! It will happen.

• Posted

hi pixel i have been reading this post even though its been 3 months old  im goin through something confusing as well never missed a period got put on the metformin periods started coming around until may it didnt i only spot i did a pt it was positive so i went to doc did a next pt it was also positive so he said it was an obstructive pregnancy n did an ultrasound it showed ntn went to a gyno he said miscarriage i bleed so much the whole a june i was fustrated they told me to do a beta blood hcg test i did it came back saying am preg did a nxt ultrasound n still nothing there now there saying oh its the pcos causeing all this hormone imbalance its really heart rending thinking u r n hoping then to find out u truly arent 
  • Posted

I've always wondered the same thing because the last time I found out I was pregnant I was actually 8-9 weeks when it did show on the pregnancy test and I actually miscarried between 5-6 weeks. Funny thing, I tested a month before and no positive and went to the Dr and did a test there also and it was negative and so I had a pap smear done at that appt!! My concern is that I could be pregnant and not know it...and by the time I get a result it may be too late again sad. Did you get any info on this?? Hope all is well with you smile
  • Posted

What ever happened ? I am in a similar situation I have pcos I only had a baby 5 months ago but I javnt had my period since .. I have took test after test and there negitive .. my tummy looks round like am pregnant but the test says different .. ive been getting more pains on my side with my pcos if am not pregnant what could it be ?
    • Posted

Hi,

I also have pcos and have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years now, I track my ovulation which isn't often. I have been in your situation, the doctor told me I had a hysterical pregnancy, meaning that my body thinks I'm pregnant and I get all of the symptoms but there was no baby. Sadly it was very devastating for me. But they have me on metformin to help Balance hormones for over a year and still nothing. Hang in there! It will happen.

• Posted

Hi, i have pcos on both my ovaries and if your feeling like your carrying something heavy on your lower abdomen then maybe it's just your ovary feeling a little heavy due to the cysts. I am not really good at explaining it but my ob said it's normal for pcos patients coz we're like ovulating

• Posted

Hi pixiedust1989 so what happened? Were you pregnant? Coz i have all these symptoms too and i have pcos too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.