Pregnancy and Pristiq?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just found out today I am pregnant, and I have been taking 200mg Pristiq for severe depression/anxiety. I'm worried this may be affecting the baby in some way already. I'm seeing a doctor on Wednesday to discuss this, but I'm wondering what to do in the meantime? Continue taking 200mg or taper back to a smaller dose?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Keep taking your normal dose until you talk to the doc it may be that the risk of you coming off them may be higher than the risk of harming the baby it all depends on the medication and you but don't lower it without their say so
  • Posted

Do not change the dose of your medication until you have seen the doctor. It's only a couple of days until you do and it's not for you to tamper with a dose of medication prescribed by your doctor. Just tell him or her that you have done a pregnancy test and go from there.
  • Posted

Congrats Mel !! I agree stay on meds and keep usual dosage until doc says differently if at all. Take care your life has started a new journey a very exciting one smile
    • Posted

Thanks Stevo! I already have 2 school-aged children but wasn't on any medication while I was pregnant with them. Hubby and I are VERY excited and I can't wait to tell them they'll soon have a new brother or sister :D
  • Posted

Thanks guys! I will be taking my normal dose as usual and talking with the doctor. I figured this is the right thing to do but I wasn't 100% sure so figured I'd ask here for opinions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.