Pregnancy loss

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone. i had my first scan today. My baby had no heartbeat 😟 im devastated. i have to go back to hospital next week to make sure before the next step is taken. Im just really scared as to what happens next. The doctor told me that there is 3 options.

1 let nature take its course and let if pass naturally

2 medication to help it pass

3. D and C

i dont know what to do im absolutely terrified. I have a little boy already but ive never been through something like this. i need advice from other women who have been through this

thanks x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel I am so so sorry that you are having to deal with this, it's heartbreaking I know and so difficult to decide which way to go, it's OK them giving you 3 op and expecting you to decide when you feel rubbish.

Can I ask how many weeks you are and how old, I'm not going to say time heals because time is now and you need to heal in yourself

• Posted

That's at least given you better options and before you make the decision it has to be whatever is going to be easier for you to deal with it.

I had 5 healthy boys and lost 2 girls, one at 7 months and another at 3 months., I'm a great believer in things happen for a reason but not everyone can do that but at the time it helped me to cope.

Do you have good family support to help you while this is happening

• Posted

thank u so much. im so sorry u lost two girls. its hit me so much because i guess sometimes i just never think these things would happen to me but it has and its unbearable. i do have an amazing family and ive got a four year old little boy and im so grateful I have him. i know he will definitely help me Xx

• Posted

Your welcome to any support I can give you but it want make you feel any better, we all deal with things in different ways and that's how I dealt with mine, sometimes though no matter what crises happens in our lives we do have to deal with it and usually head on.

I'm really glad you have a good support network round you that does help, try and get more information about the different options open to you.

I am even a little surprised they did the scan at such an early stage as its usually best after the first trimester when it's better fixed.

You take care and try and not dwell on it too much

• Posted

hi, so sorry to hear. I had the same thing, called it a silent miscarriage or missed miscarriage. Like you I was offered the three options and did not know where to turn. Felt totally lost. Realised I needed to make a decision relatively quickly as I was in fear of nature taking its course and wondered if that would be the most painful method and I'm a wimp. Got good emotional support from the hospital but also realised they couldn't tell me what to do, i needed to weigh up the options. I chose ERPC (D&C) which was scheduled for the very next morning. I liked the fact it would all be sorted quickly and i felt more certainty than waiting for nature. It had been five weeks already (since end of the pregnancy) as it was picked up at 12 week scan, so I was concerned it might be weeks more to wait. Definitely the right decision for me in the end. No problem with the procedure or the aftermath. no pain. no overnight stay. Can't tell you what to do as we're all different but I would say be kind to yourself and have faith in your decision.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.