Pregnancy LS treatment need help desperately

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, Im 12 weeks pregnant,  My LS is as bad as usual, possible triggered by increased cases of thrsh as well as the hormonal changes. 

I'm not going to be using hte clob through the pregnancy, I know some people say it is ok, but its too iffy for me to risk it.  My OH is a scientist and has said absolutely no way am I allowed to risk steroids getting into the baby's system , even in trace amounts.

So I am looking for natural creams and treatments that people have found successful please.

I dont have any tears at the moment and no fusing, but the itching is unbearable and the cuts and lesions are as bad as ever.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Gwyn, cut out all sugars immediately, this is what causes the thrush, and then the thrush causes LS flare-ups, and the LS flare-ups cause the itching, it is a very nasty cycle!!  I would suggest eating lots of natural yogurts and even using some dipped on a tampon to insert into your vagina to help with your undercarriage. Water Kefir is even better, easy to make, and especially good for women that are prone to thrush, as it is packed full of probiotics.

Concerning your itching,  Witch Hazel is supposed to be excellent, many people report that its great.   Manuka honey is good, it is expensive, but worth having as I totally believe this is better for you to sweeten foods with than sugar, and many women apply it to cuts, sores, etc. on their Vjay.   

Some women have found cutting out Gluten helps along with no sugar, it is something to consider depending how bad you are suffering from this...

• Posted

I have wonderful success with emuaid. Expensive but can be purchased on Amazon. I find it almost as effective as steroid though I do still use steroid also. Gives so much relief of itching.

Baking soda baths are a real comfort to me also.

• Posted

I believe (in part) that the itching is dry and pulling skin, so keeping it supple is very important.  Coconut oil is my personal favourite.
  • Posted

My itching was recently very bad and I did the following as I had a very bad reaction to the clobetasol. (1) started cutting very obvious sugar out of my diet (I'm not reading labels yet) (2) started applyingcoconut oil all over the area (3) taking an antihistamine at night when itching is worse so I don't scratch I my sleep. Just doing the first two even has helped immensely and within days. Not sure you can do the third option. Sitz baths are also something I've tried when the itching was really, really bad but I don't need to take those very often.
  • Posted

I give some credit to my use of a mixture of a few drops of pure frankincense oil in a dropper bottle of jojoba oil.
  • Posted

Sorry, I missed this. I posted something simlar earlier this week. I am 26 weeks along in my pregnancy and the LS has been absolutely unbearable. I did break down and us the clobetasol. I tried not to for 10 weeks, but really couldn't take it any longer. This week I cut out all sugar and gluten, and I have to say I am feeling 100% better. I did use more clobetasol as well to get it under control, but haven't used it since Wednesday and I am feeling fine. I am going to keep away from sugar and gluten for the rest of the pregnancy. I tried many of the other things (coconut oil, baking soda, corn starch, essential oils) and ntohing worked. CUtting out sugar and gluten are the only things that have given me relief.

A word of warning to you, if you get close to delivery and you are having a flare up, consider using clobetasol for relief and to heal everything down there. LS started for me during the end of my 4th pregnancy (this is my 7th). I didn't know what was going on. I thought it was a yeast infection or pregnancy related. During and after delivery the trauma down there was awful, partly because, I think, I went into delivery a mess. 

Good luck. I hope you find relief. It is agony to be pregnant and suffer with this as well. 

• Posted

Hi, how are you gwynethleeks ?

My wife is in your case now. What was your decision?

Can you please share with us.

Can anyone give us some advice ?

Thank you all

Phong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.