Pregnancy symptoms for 13 weeks - negative tests?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iv been on the mini pill for over 2 years - take my pill around 10pm / had sex 13th Aug and forgot to take pill that night - took it 12pm next day and at 10pm as usual - no more sex since.

A few weeks later was on antibiotics for 3 weeks due to UTI / bladder infection (as nothing was working) and for 1 month after was extremely nauseous everyday but never sick. Recently I have been EXTREMELY constipated for weeks on end, I have to take laxatives to be able to have a bowel movement. 

I am so worried that I could be pregnant because of the nausea and constipation, but i have taken atleast 10 pregnancy tests since 13th Aug and have all been negative!! I am nervous because I am very slim but my stomach looks pregnant! Which is most likely due to the constipation - but i am also suffering from heart burn and chest pains. I have read stories online where women were taking tests up until 20 wks pregnant and still negative! I am wondering if this could be me!! I cant even go to a doctor for a blood pregnancy test because I am currently on a round the world trip! Everytime i type in my symptoms pregnancy always comes up!

What are your thoughts? Do you think I could be pregnant?! Im going out of my mind !!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think its highly unlikely.

The Mini-Pill stops you ovulating. One night missed will not suddenly make you ovulate, as it takes 14 days at least for an egg to be developed ready for ovulating.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply ben - i have researched the ins and outs of the mini pill so much but cant seem to get my head around it all! It has stopped my periods completely which is great for me - but in situations like this i almost want a period for the reassurance!!! But thank you - i think i just need others opinions to put my mind at rest!!
  • Posted

Lots of those symptoms could be caused by antibiotics killing off the good gut bacteria. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your response Jenny,  lots of people have told me this also.. I did take some probiotics for a while which i think stopped the nausea, its just the constipation now that im having the most problems with!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.