Pregnant? Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

My girlfriend and I had intercourse on 12/11/17 at around 10pm and her period started 12/7 lasted 3 days. We had unprotected sex and I tied to pull out before ejaculating and I think I was successful as there was a lot when outside of her. However I can not be sure. She took Plan B one step around 6:30pm on Tuesday 12/12/17 however before taking the pill she had some light yellow/clear discharge and after taking the pill the same thing. Is it possible this is some semen of mine or is it ovulation or just cervical mucus? We do not want a child right now. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

When did you have sex in relation to her period? Was it during or afterwards?

• Posted

Hi,

When did you have sex in relation to her period? Was it during or afterwards?

• Posted

It was 2 days after her period. 
  • Posted

Then you should be fine, don’t worry. Cervical mucus appears on day 14, in a 28 day cycle, that is when the egg is released. sperm can live inside a lady for max 7 days so even if that was the case it would only be day 10, there would be no egg to fertilise yet. The most risky time to have sex is about 2 weeks after the start of a period, that is the most fertile time. Also, cervical mucus looks like egg white, not yellow atall so it wouldn’t have been that. 
  • Posted

The most important thing to remember is that even if you still pull out you still release some semen before full ejaculation.  If you are not in a position where you want a child then you really must start using contraception or you may hear the patter of tiny feet far sooner than you both wanted. 

This time it sounds like you were lucky but the next time it may not be the case without protection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.