Pregnant with nephrostomy tube help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey there,

So I’m 26 weeks pregnant just had a nephrostomy tube put in, my kidneys were failing I have an 8mm kidney stone stuck in my right ureter has anyone else been through this? It’s day 3 of this tube it hurts, I’m annoyed and upset, I have barely moved out of bed for days I’m scared of getting blood clots from not moving much but I have no energy, I’m on pain meds, and all I want to do is sleep! Please tell me there’s a light at the end of the tunnel! And I keep getting little air bubbles in the tube and that scares me... thanks! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brittany.  I have never went though all that you have but I do have a kidney that is failing due to kidney stones and they are trying to save my kidney so put the neohnephrotomy tube in place about a week ago.  The air bubbles should be fine,  I’ve noticed that in mine as well and they said it was normal.   I’m so sorry you’re going through this and really hope eventually you get used to the tube.  I was sore for a few days but now I am not sure unless on my feet all day.  Is your pain from the stone or the tube?  I noticed laying on my belly (which you may not be able to being pregnant) or laying on my side of the kidney that’s hurting actually helps best!  Praying you get through this and you feel better soon. 
  • Posted

How are you doing now? I am a male who is not pregnant(haha), so I can't say our experiences are all that similar, but I did have a stone get stuck in my right kidney. I went weeks without knowing it was stuck. Made me very sick and was extremely painful! Hoping it is resolved for you by now....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.