Pregnant with severe anxiety and possible fibromyalgia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, let me begin by sharing my whole story and some background info. Up until around May of 2016 I had ultimately no health problems. I had just given birth to my first son in January of 2016 and had a quite easy pregnancy. After the pregnancy is when everything started to go downhill.. several months after giving birth I started developing severe anxiety. With my anxiety I was convinced i had cancer or some life threatening condition and was in and out of the doctors every week. I started feeling dizzy and weak and then came the body aches. Eventually I was put on Zoloft for depression and anxiety. I was on Zoloft until May of this year (2017) when I became pregnant again. Let's just say this pregnancy has been the hardest thing I have gone through. First the withdrawals from coming off the Zoloft gave me terrible headaches. Then came the flu like body aches. I have suffered severe "flares" from what I can say. I have had 3 bouts of flares within this pregnancy and I am at a loss of what to do. I've had normal bloods tests and an ECG which came back normal but no more extensive testing. I will be 7 months pregnant soon and can barely get out of bed. The back pain is so severe it feels like my ribs are being crushed and it's hard to breath the worst is trying to sleep at night because I feel like I am suffocating. My legs and arms ache every morning to where I feel like a 90 year old woman would feel.. Getting up and down is also a task. I have mentioned this to my obgyn severals times and I don't think he understands the severity of my pain he seems to think this is normal and tells me to just take a Tylenol when it happens. I have another appointment tomorrow and plan on trying to make him understand what I am going through in hopes of him referring me to someone.. I can't take much more of this and am very worried about how the pain will be as I get bigger and then with labor. Any suggestions? How should I go about letting my obgyn know about this and convince him this isn't normal pregnancy symptoms. My anxiety has also been much worse since the pain has started. I have noticed the flares last around 2 weeks before subsiding. Support/suggestions please??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So sorry for what you are going through, but I'm old school, sounds more like post depression. Have them to check hormonal levels. Don't sound to me like nothing like fibermayplia. I'll pray for you

• Posted

Sounds exactly like fibromyalgia to me! Plus withdrawals. I went into meltdown when I was pregnant. Stay strong. Sending you loads of love xxxxx
  • Posted

My fibromyalgia started after having twins 32 years ago. I cannot take any medication as thy send me crazy I seem so sensitive. The best activity I have found to deal with it is Yoga. There are pregnancy yoga classes- it also helps with anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.