Pregnant with Sjogren's. Suddenly missing Sjogren's antibodies?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was first diagnosed through symptoms and blood test (SSB) back in 2013 and I have went through a lot of testing since, at NIH among others. I have always had high SSB and ANA antibodies. However, my new OB wanted to test me to see if I had the heartblockers that could cause heart defects in the fetus and my bloodwork came back negative for SSA and SSB! Is it possible for it to be dormant during pregnancy, could I have been "cured"? Could it be a false negative? I have so many questions but my OB doesn't seem to know much about it. I haven't seen a rheumy in years because I've gotten my Restasis through my GP. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes pregnancy can affect the antibodies and many sufferers of auto immune disorders have a remission during pregnancy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.