Pregnant with spondylolisthesis grade 1 at L5 S1

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys I just discovered that I am pregnant. Me and my husband are thrilled but I've been worrying about how my spondylolisthesis might affect my abilities to carry the baby and pick the baby up after he/she is born. Have any of you who suffer from spondylolisthesis had children? Mine is at L5 S1 and it is at grade 1. I'm really concerned about being able to lift the child after it is born and as it grows. If anybody has any information regarding whether or not lifting a baby could cause slippage I would really appreciate it. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks so much!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations!!

I have two children son 22years and daughter l5 years

My daughter was back to back when I was In labour & delivery that was killer as she was pressing down .

I just took it easy and carefully when picking baby up, try except as much help that is offered after you've had your baby . So you can take the pressure and pain on your spine whilst recovering from the birth etc .

Hope all goes well .

• Posted

Hi amber I was 6 month pregnant and was rushed into hospital had lower disc removed! Everything was fine don't worry! I must point out tho opt for an c section my childbirth wasn't good ! Hope this helps 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.