Premarin

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started Premarin a week ago for terrible hot flashes and chills. I had to stop due to terrible side effects such as stomachache, severe diarrhea for days. Hot flashes and chills got much much better, sleeping good at night, less dryness to my eyes, but I can’t deal with stomach pain and diarrhea. Does anybody ever experienced these side effects. Please, answer me to know if it is worthy to continue with medication. Thanks 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

On BHRT I experienced running to bathroom a lot during the day . Weaning off it now as the estrogen made me feel weird. 
  • Posted

Premarin is usually given to women who've had a hysterectomy. Did you have one? Just wondering why your doctor would give it to you. Have you tried other types of hormonal replacement drugs? When I worked in the women's clinic we rarely ever gave it to ladies unless they had a hysterectomy. Im just trying to understand.

• Posted

Yes, I had total hysterectomy 10 years ago. This was the first time I tried hormonal replacement and I don’t think I would try another one. Premarin made me feel awful.
    • Posted

If it made you sick then ask to go on HRT. If a woman can't tolerate premarin HRT is the next line of remedy to combat the imbalance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.