premarin cream

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone have any feedback on premarin cream vs estrace cream for vaginal itching, burning etc? Is one better than the other? This is all new to me and I'm not sure I like the premarin cream as I still get itchy and I don't like where it comes from either.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No one posting here seems to be a doctor, you need that  exam and advice.  I say this especially because "itching" can have several causes.  I've tried both brands of cream and have no itching and find the cream soothing.  And as my drug plan only has premarin in its list, it is now the only choice.  After 4 months of use, the internal exam was a bit less painful, so I feel the drug is working.  Stop worrying about the horses, you cannot do anything about that.  If it helps heal your body and it is the only drug your drug plan offers, put the "ethical issues" aside.  I hope in the future to reach a point to reduce or even eliminate the use unless discomfort returns.  Now that I feel a bit more comfortable, I'm OK with my gyn doctor saying to put a small amount on the tip of a finger, about an inch long (reduces the amount) and apply that around the vaginal opening.  The book "Our Bodies, Ourselves" says this also, saying the applicator applies too much and too high into the body.  This book says a whole lot more, so I suggest buying the book (at Amazon which is also the link at the book's website).  It is written by a group of women and professionals (began in the 1970's with updates) in Cambridge, MA to help women when doctors did not seem to know much about women.  Frankly, with the 10 minute appointments today, I still feel doctors are pretty useless.
  • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply. I have seen a Dr. And just followed up. Did the steroid cream and now premarin cream. I was just curious if anyone else has also gone through this. And she offered to call in estrace if I wanted to switch. I'm much better now but I nigh just try estrace also since you said it worked also just to see. Thanks
    • Posted

Im going trough the same situation..exterior or interior itch and irritation.Mine seems to be mostly exterior.
    • Posted

Thanks for your response, this is all new to me, and yes exterior is itchy off and on. And I tried coconut oil which helped. But I'm afraid of premarin cream side effects too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.