Premature menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

Trying to come to terms with the effects of going through a premature menopause,changes in emotions, forgetfulness,changes to skin,hair,vaginal dryness,how do I improve one or all of these symptoms without resulting in taking HRT yet? I would be grateful for any feedback

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie,  I am glad i got an email here.  I just got my cycle after a year.  i'm sure it's extreme stress.  i have stuff to do and this is not fun.
    • Posted

Hi Ann,stress does play a big factor I'm sure in changes to emotional and physical changes but I also believe the menopause does with the lack of oestrogen.im trying to find ways to improve my wellbeing and try n be in control of how it effects me, do you have any suggestions?
    • Posted

nothing but the usual i;m afraid,  it helps to know you are not alone.
    • Posted

That's true and I'm so glad I've found people like myself who are experiencing the same or similar symptoms and the support helps just being there for one another when you think there is no one you can talk 2,many thanks
  • Posted

Hi Marie..

you put premature menopause but not said who old you are,

i am 49 and had almost 9 years of peri, and last period was Aug 13, only had two in 2013 and three in 2012, i dont and cannot take HRT..

but i do take.. natural Estroven Max ( from usa seller on ebay uk) also Maca, Natecal ( Calcium and Vit D3 ) very important for bones etc, I also take 300mg of Vit B6 a must for all peri and most meno ladies, helps so many things in so many ways, i have posted alot of B6 info and its benefits on the site, i feel fab after taking mine, I take iron 40mg every two days, also I have Vit B12 injections as I lack energy ( or did do) also I take 300mg Vit B1 not only because it helps me personally but also it keeps mozzys from biting me as i live in Spain.

for vaginal dryness this is fantastic... Replens MD vaginal moisturiser ( also off ebay or your chemist) and try Senstra lotion and use as it says... its brill...

hope that helps  Jay xx

• Posted

Thank you for ure advice really appreciate the support,it's even more harder when you feel lost and you're own circle of friends and family haven't experienced these symptoms.I'm 43 and started going through physical changes around 38 but my GP kept saying you can't be going through the change but I believe you know you're own body ,irregular bleeding,frequent headaches,forgetfulness,I've not had a period for 10 months ,I have good and bad days but I make small changes and hope I'm winning the battle
    • Posted

I understand that - i'm the oldest and my mother had surgery so she never went through it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.