Premenopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm 45 and in the last six months been so unwell please excuse my spellings my periods have been heavy for a couple of years so bad at times I can leave the house it all started with chest pains feeling tired been to a& e a few times blood works all normal heart tests lots all normal thank god went to doc a few months ago as felt so I'll turns out I have iron anima pernisous anima low vit d low b12 have to have b12 jab every three months take spa tone for low iron has the iron meds made me I'll after having the course of b12 missed two periods then this month I got one different nit has heavy blood light red had bloods done in premenopause I feel so bill tired panick attacks facing heart warm feelings not flushes night panick can't sleep body aches all over tummy unsettled feels like som things blocked can't breath for get what I'm going to say when I'm talking mood swings feel down scared I'm going to die worry over every ache pain I've just been told I have x syndrome some thing to do with arteries not heart disease it's common in women my age he said I have a good heart feel so low please tell me I can't get any worse want natural meds I hate pills ect scared of side affects and I can't swallow tablets every thing as to liquid fora this has always been not a new thing I don't have a mum and I'm the eldest woman in family so I need some one to talk to many thanks  

a 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello Caroline I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I'm 46 I have never had it confirmed but I'm sure I am in Perimenopause I have terrible anxiety especially at night I have a very hard time sleeping at night. I'm anxious more times than less I'm constantly worrying. I also worry about every little pain I get to the extreme. I'm not on any medications except for my thyroid. You came to the right place support here is great. Someone will come along and post some helpful information. Good luck smile

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

Everything you're going through sounds like symptoms of perimenopause. The racing heart, anxiety, panic attacks, loss of energy, feelings of impending doom, excessive worrying, etc. Donna is right. This is a wonderful safe place to get great information, and lots of wonderful support from ladies all going through the same thing. Some are further along in the process, and have some incredible suggestions on helping to manage the symptoms. 

The one thing that I try to focus on everyday is, this too shall pass. Please know that you're not alone. There is always someone on here that is willing to share their own experiences, and kind words.

Sending a comforting hug.

• Posted

You are definitely not alone. I can identify with most of what you have described. It is good to go to the doctor and get checked out rather than diagnosing yourself. Thank God everything checked out okay. 

I panic when I feel these too but like 2kim27003 said, "This too shall pass. " That is what I have to remind myself of often. We will get through this. Be encouraged!

xx

Sharlene 

• Posted

Hi Caroline...  Sorry to hear all that is happening at the same time sad. I had about the same feeling, but depression. I know it is not easy but try to be calm.  It is probably perimenopause and your body adapting.  I had a terrible time for 6 months, and now I am me again.  I hope the same will happen to most of us.  If you need vits, take them, if you need anti depressants, take them.  Do your exams and if everything looks normal, I think is safe to consider you are close to menopause.  Perimenopause may take years but the last ones can take a toll on you, that is from my personal experience. Hot flushes are not the only symptoms and I can say until now I had very few of them.  People here are not much into hormons but you can research and find what is best for you.  In any case, eat healthier and exercise.  I found exercising is fundamental, even when everything hurts in your body.  Good luck and keep positive, that is going to pass too...
  • Posted

Hi Caroline...  Sorry to hear all that is happening at the same time sad. I had about the same feeling, but depression. I know it is not easy but try to be calm.  It is probably perimenopause and your body adapting.  I had a terrible time for 6 months, and now I am me again.  I hope the same will happen to most of us.  If you need vits, take them, if you need anti depressants, take them.  Do your exams and if everything looks normal, I think is safe to consider you are close to menopause.  Perimenopause may take years but the last ones can take a toll on you, that is from my personal experience. Hot flushes are not the only symptoms and I can say until now I had very few of them.  People here are not much into hormons but you can research and find what is best for you.  In any case, eat healthier and exercise.  I found exercising is fundamental, even when everything hurts in your body.  Good luck and keep positive, that is going to pass too...
  • Posted

Hello Caroline. You are never alone on this forum. I know everyone has been giving you so much support. Keep in touch. 😉
  • Posted

Thank you so much yes I need ppl to talk to I have no one and you feel like your going mad it's so horrible and lonely because no one around me under stands I have started keeping a log for my self but most if all for my daughter so when her time comes if I was not here or had forgot some things which I don't belive I will for get this she can look back and know if I was to suffering with certain things I just need advice what to do what to take and  to know that all these symptoms are normal 
  • Posted

Can any one help what are the best supplements to take for all theses problems and how much should I take I've looked on Internet but so many different ppl giving advice good and bad please some one help me thank you 
  • Posted

Hello Carolinge- sorry you are struggling a bit right now.

In answer to your question regarding what might help, Jayneejay will often write what she has been taking and has worked well for her and many others on here. I know she mentions B6, B12, Kelp, Maca and few other items as well. 

I am now trying the B6 150mg/day, I take a liquid multi B as well, Omega 3 -1000 with high EPA and DHA + I take magnesium pills at night (seem to help get a restful sleep), probiotics and will be adding in some Kelp and Maca here shortly.  You are right, there are a lot of people giving advice and it does get confusing. I do hope Jay post on here what she follows or you could read other posts she has previously written on to get an idea of what she follows. Sounds like it has helped her out tremendously. As I've stated, I was already on a few items, but I plan on incorporating of few new supplements to hopefully help me get through what appears to be a bit of a blip here lately. 

Hope you are feeling better soon. I also have dealt with anxiety and it is a real doozy when it kicks in. Just remember-while it's uncomfortable-it'll pass and when you start to relax a little bit about it, you'll see, it has less of a grip on you. Frightening as it is, it won't kill you! Try some Yoga breathing and or some relaxation tapes.

Remember, this is all will pass, just not fast enough for most of us!  [razz]

Take care!

​Annie xx

• Posted

Hi Caroline, big hugs sweetie lots of us find great comfort from being her and I'm sure you will to.

So let's start with B12, how was your pa diagnosed, Intrinsic Factor blood test or biopsy? Are your levels now high? Do you get copies of your blood tests? Are your Ferritin and Folate levels high enough and being monitored? How often are you injections? did you get loading doses?

I know that is a lot of questions sweetie but it is important to know where you are with this as B12 deficiency can cause anxiety and lots of other things. There is a great support group on facebook, a closed group, for help with PA and B12 deficiency.

Anxiety, especially when mixed with health worries is a lonly place to be. The this too will pass attitude is very helpful. B6 will help with anxiety. Take a good complex with high B6 levels.

If your iron is still low then i don't think spatone will help much, it is only 5mg of iron. Have a look at hemaplex, it has 85mg of iron plus B vits (so don't take a B complex to). You know that your iron and folate need to be at a decent level for your B12 to work properly.

We will help you all we can. It sounds like you have a combo of peri and vit deficiency problems going on, take care x

• Posted

Hi my pay was picked up after blood tests it was 80 some thing I had I think five shots over a couple of weeks next one due December and will have them ever three months they say my levels have gone back up my iron was five or six but is now ten I have started taking two sachets of spar tone a day now with orange juice I have just started to take cod liver oil and evening primrose and today I went to holland and Barrets and got busy b and osteocare liquid calcium magnesium zinc , vitamin d I take lansoprazole 30 mg every day is this safe to take with all what I'm going to take I'm very scared of pills meds as it is never been one for them and I'm going to try to go with the supplements but still it worries me but I feel so out of salts tired all the time any advice would be great thank you so much x
  • Posted

hey caroline...can you clarify your iron levels...does this mean your hematocrit and hemogloblin? I would think it will take some time if you iron levels were low..it takes some time for it to creep back up to norm levels. If this is the case try to eat high iron foods, spinach, nuts ...green leafy veggies..can't seem to think of more but you can look it up. Low iron will explain fatigue for sure. Hope you feel better soon and staying hydrated is key too...hope you feel better..we are here for you!

• Posted

It sounds like you had loading doses and 80 something is low. Can I urge you to find out what it is now? B12 injections every 3 months is not enough for some people, did you feel better at all after the loading doses (the ones every other day - it should have been 6)?

The Lansoprazole will be affecting your ability to absorb B12 and other things as they need acidic conditions. I am not advising to stop taking this (talk to your GP about it) just checking you know the facts.

A B12 spray could help you to keep your levels higher you want a high dose 5000mcg spray or dissolvable tablet. This is called sublingual, it is absorted through the mouth rather than in the stomach where acid is needed.

Blood tests - did you have Intristic Factor testing? Please do consider the facebook group I recommened.

• Posted

Hi middlemuddle the doctors have not been very helpfull I was tould in the start after a full blood count I had slight anima then was asked to have other blood tests done to tell the truth I'm not sure what blood tests were done the doctor rung me then when the blood tests came back I was told I had pernisous anima lie iron vit d dif I think low folic acid and was told I woul need the   B12 for life the iron med they have me made me I'll so I  got the spa tone I stopped the  taking the lansoprazole as I had read it was not a good thing to take with what I had is suffer with gastric problems and wake every day with a knawring tummy and feel sick the doctor said I was ok to take it now my b12 was back up I was told a very years ago I have a hitus hernia and a esophgus that spams I'm due to see the gastric doc in December I'm just so confused by it all your told u have this you have that and just left to get on with it I'm going to make appointment with the a doc and get all this sorted because I just don't know or under stand about all that's going on x
    • Posted

I was also tested for celiac disease which ce back clear 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.