Premenstrual migraines

Posted , 3 users are following.

Are these genuinely a thing; I'm a 38 Yr old mother to a 4 Yr old, I took myself off the pill a year ago due to suffering bad back aches pre period. Since taking myself off the pill, the pre period back pain etc has stopped BUT over the last few months, this last 3 days being the worst!!! I have suffered bed ridden migraines where I'm literally wiped out! is this a normal thing? I have done an econsult with my GP but in this covid world I don't expect to be dealt with quickly. Any guidance or advice much appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I just posted something similar about periods and migraine and then scrolled down and saw your post! I am also 38 and have been having migraines around my period each month, alongside my regular appalling period pains. I get so exhausted by it. I'm not on the pill and I don't have any children. The monthly up and down of mood and pains is really getting to me now. Did you manage to get any support? I hope you're ok. My doctor suggested B6 but it didn't help me... personally I didn't feel particularly listened to when I went to see her. It's so hard to know where to turn for support.

• Posted

The best thing you can do is try laying in cold water as often as you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.