Premolar on roof of my mouth. (Pic)

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I'm 18, I've had this pre-molar growing in that area for almost 4 years. I need answers. Does anyone know if it needs to be removed or would I need braces? Or can I just yank it out with a string? I don't have dental insurance. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Matthew, no - of course you can't yank it out with a string! Teeth don't come out that easily and if you did manage to get it out, you'd risk destabilising the teeth around it, infection, and even damage to the bone!

Unless it's causing a problem of some kind it doesn't need to come out at all.

However, I'm more concerned about the fact that you're not seeing a dentist. I take your point that you don't have dental insurance, but have you any idea how much - in both money and pain - this lack of dental care is going to cost you 20 years or so down the line when you've developed massive problems due to neglect?

• Posted

I haven't been to the dentist since a month before I noticed the tooth and I've been begging my mom to take me since but it's always the same story of money issues. I guess I'll have to wait til when I join the military.

• Posted

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that Matthew. But don't worry about the tooth. Here in Europe, a dentist wouldn't even bother to take it out unless it was causing pain or some other problem. Unless the extra tooth or any of the neighbouring teeth start hurting it's quite safe to wait till you join the military. They'll sort it out for you.

Good luck with your career. I was in the military for a few years, but only as a nurse... and that was when the dinosaurs walked the earth!

• Posted

Hi Matthew

Looking at your image I think it needs to come out!

Looks like tour top teeth are over crowded for that to happen in first place maybe.

Go to your dentist you will have it removed you shouldn't have anything growing from the roof of your mouth!

All the best liz??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.