Preparing for the trapezium/CMC arthroplasty

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi! I am a week out from my Thumb surgery. I have a list of things I want to have ready for myself. Soap and toothpaste dispensers, watering plants, grooming the dog, getting everything ready for Christmas like baking and wrapping and paper Plates, etc. My question, can anyone tell me anything that make my life easier after surgery that I can do NOW BEFORE my surgery that I haven't thought of???  I sure would appriciate any tips!  Thanks in advance!

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Maybe some batch cooking, so you can just defrost and heat up? Change beds the day before op, empty washing basket etc. Good luck next week 😁

• Posted

Think about the clothes you can get on as I suspect your hand will be strapped up for a while. Get yourself one of those waterproof sleeves so you can take a shower
  • Posted

I have had surgeries, my last being last Christmas and living on my own I made sure that the bedding was changed. I also bought some items in bulk like toiletries and non perishables as i was on crutches for a few weeks after. I also had my hair cut, and i coloured it the day before so that i would be able to just wash it and keep it low maintenance. 

Wishing you all the best for your operation.

• Posted

Good luck and please send updates on your progress. I am looking at this option for my thumb, knees and neck c1-3. All of which came on together and aggressive. Kes 
  • Posted

Well, today is the day! I leave here soon to have my Left thumb operated on! See ya on the flip side!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.