Prescribed Epilim for migraine. Has anyone found this effective?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am worried about taking Epilim but am pretty desperate for relief from migraines ruining my life. Anyone any experience of epilim? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have severe migraine and have tried everything including Eplim to no avail.  I have now been on botox and it is fantastic, the only treatment that has helped.  It does not eliminate them but it lessens the frequency and the severity.  Good luck I know what a nightmare they are, I had to give up working becaseur of them. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I don't seem to respond to any preventatives so I think botox may be my only option and I do qualify. Did you notice an improvement after the first round of treatment?  I too am struggling to stay in work because of it. Once again, thanks. :-)
    • Posted

Hi Rachael, I had an improvement in about a week and the effect lasts for about 3 months.  The problem is there does not seem to be much research on the long term impact of using botox but for now I will take my chances as it is the only thing that I have found helpful.  I also found that because I was in pain so much my blood pressure became very high so that is another associated problem.  Anyway, good luck with it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.