Prescription, Balance activ menopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

I tried to get these pessaries on prescription, but my surgery would not do it. They will prescribe for the Balance Activ for bacterial vaginosis though, which seemt to say they will prescribe for an infection but not to manage menopause symptoms. Has anyone else been able to get the menopause type of pessaries on prescription?frown

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi When I saw my Gyne at Birmingham Women's Hospital I told her the only thing that worked for me was Balance active menopause moisture pessaries so she advised the GP to give me a prescription for them but the only ones they could give me on prescription is Balance active BV gel, which they did so I use them occasionally as they work as a gel just like the other but have the added advantage of sorting the PH out which helps I think. She also advised Aloe Vera Gel. She also gave me a prescription for Vagifem 10mg pessaires which I use 3 times a week, Monday, weds, fri and Replens.
  • Posted

Thank you for all your helpful replies. I will check out theCCG reference prescriptions. I have been pondering about taking it further as it seems ridiculous that something which is going to help a menopausal woman won't be prescribed.
  • Posted

Hi Everyone, don't know if anyone will recieve this but Boots have an offer on for BA Pessaries at the moment, save £4!
  • Posted

Thanks Susan. I will get some while on offer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.