Prescription charges

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I meant to post this sooner but am still a bit forgetfull !!!!

If you are on a mixed dose of Citalopram ie 30mg and have to take 1x 10mg + 1x20mg tablets if they are on the same prescription you should only pay one charge because both the items are the same and it's not your fault that the tablets don't come in your prescribed dosage.

I only found this out accidentially they don't bother to tell you at the doctors or the chemist. Hope it can save some money for someone else prescription charges are costly enough already without being over charged.

Best wishes

Nicky

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's good of you to post this advice NickyJane. Hopefully you'll help people save money.

Fortunately here in Wales we have free prescriptions. Do you all want to move over the Severn Bridge? :lol:

• Posted

hi pj

was just going to say the same!

• Posted

Yes....what is this world coming to? They are trying to transform scotland into America....I dont know....before we know it we will have a medicare system...so that the poor, bone idle, poorly educated will rot...the rich will breed on...and blah blah. Yes....prescription charges are ridiculous!!!!!!! Even if I had gone back to my GP for another prescription right now, I would not be able to afford the charge!!!! :oops: :oops: :cry:
  • Posted

yes. england should be like wales..we have free presciptions..surely this is not fair.

sorry to those paying and living in england, this is not what you need on top of the way you are feeling right now.

alyxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.