Prescription Orlistat..... Nothing happening? Vegetarian

Posted , 2 users are following.

Desperate for answers........

So eager to drop the weight........

Been a vegetarian all my life - gave up smoking 3 years ago and weight started to increase singificantly......

Just wondered has anyone else experienced NO effect from taking Orlistat?

I have been taking Orlistat for 8 days now.... and nothing appears to be happening other than making me more 'regular'.... Before I would say I had a touch of IBS - going a substantial amount of times per day.... But now - once maybe twice a days max....

I am a vegetarian - do you think this has had an impact?

I am going for review to GP in 2 weeks... fingers crossed something has started happening!

Help!.....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just keep to what you're doing and see what has happened when you go to the GP. By the sound of it you're eating within the guide lines.

I was like you, but started to notice that my clothes were getting a little loose just before I went to be weighed and low & behold I'd lost 8kg. Am now anxious to get back on the scales (it's been 5 weeks)

Good luck with it!

• Posted

Hi Enilorac,

I have also been veggi for years and can confirm that Orlistat does work. But I do go for days with no apparent effects. However, I have lost 1.5stn in under a mth so something is working.

Keep at it!

LellyM

• Posted

Thank you both so much for your responses biggrin I wish you both continued weight loss and I hope I join you both in that...
  • Posted

OK - clothes feeling a little easier to wear and jaw bones seem to be making an appearance after quite some time....

Coming up to 3 weeks on Orlistat now - review at GP next week for weigh in... fingers crossed....

Feeling good on them - with little side effects.... (had one oily experience when I ate home made Roasted Veg Lasagne - think cheese sauce was a little too rich.... so nasty side effects appear to occur when overdoing the saturated fats.... )

Good luck to one and all biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.