Pressure and Bulge after Prolapse Bladder Repair

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm badly seeking advice and help.

6 weeks ago I had a Prolapsed Bladder Repair with sutures and a Laproscopic removal of Uterus.

I now feel a Bulge in my vagina once again and I'm terribly worried the surgery failed. Is this the Prolapse returning or is still normal healing?

I'm terrible worried and any advice would be so greatly appreciated.

Laura

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura,

Fairly normal to still have swelling at 6 weeks post op for repair surgery. I am sure I was well on maybe 12 weeks posy op before I felt that the swelling was well down. I still occasionally can get a little swelling if I overdo thongs.

Hooe you are still resting plenty and listen to your body and don't overdo things.Try not to worry,

Phyl x

• Posted

Hi,

Hopefully you will have a post op check up soon, they will be able to reassure you then.

No lifting anything heavy & rest, it's easy to over do things as you start to feel better.

Good luck.

• Posted

I am 5 + weeks and get that feeling at times also. I have my post op check next week. I do feel it is normal healing though. Mine comes and goes.
  • Posted

Hi Laura. I'm 6 weeks post op on Thursday, my surgery was on May 4th. I had a vaginal hysterectomy, sacrospinous fixation, anterior and posterior repair. Like you I can feel and see the bulge in my vagina, I'm sure it's worse than a few weeks ago, but maybe that's because the swelling around has gone down?

I'm also trrrified it hasn't worked and don't have my post op appointment until August 12th!

I'm not sure whether to see my GP or speak to the hospital.

I hope you get some reassurance soon.

We need to be patient, not my strength!

• Posted

Hi Sheila,

I thought I'd check in and see how you're doing?

I'm now 9 weeks post op, and the feeling still hasn't changed. The bulge and pressure is still very much present and only ceases when I'm lying down.

How have you been getting on? Much change since?

Hope you're doing okay

Laura x

• Posted

Hi Laura

How kind of you to remember me.

I'm now nearly eight weeks post op and am still crossing my fingers! It's so hard to tell whether it's all worked, I think I didn't appreciate how bad the bladder prolapse was so I can't remember what it should feel and look like!

My main concern is the slight leaks that I still get, that was my main reason for surgery. A friend told me an anterior and posterior repair won't fix that, they use mesh to correct leaking! So now I'm even more impatient.

I do think it's a matter of wait and see. ??

How are you getting on?

Sheila.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.