Pressure and Pain in Head

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering if you could maybe help?

For just over a week now (a week and 4 days) I've had a really stiff neck. It hurts really badly when I turn my head to either side and also if I try putting my hair up (so lifting my arms) it also causes pain in my neck.

In addition to that, I have also been experiencing what I can only describe as a sort of pressure in my head? It feels like my brain is too large for my head, then once the pressure goes my vision goes funny. It's like when you look at a bright light and see spots in your vision? These will then go and the outside of my vision will go fuzzy/blurry. Then once that goes I get a dull but painful headache which lasts for hours. The pain 'occasionally' radiates down my arm but that is not often.

The pressure in my head also usually occurs on the right side and sometimes at the front.

The head issue has happened 4 times now in the past week and 4 days, the latest being today.

I have been to visit my Doctor and she might have been correct but I feel like she was just fobbing me off; she said the neck pain is more than likely a stiff neck and the head pain was a migraine. All she did was change the Pill I was on (previously Microgynon).

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had this last week the pain in my neck was out of this world it kill and my head I had to have ct scan as the pain in my head was so bad but did not come up with anythink on tablet now for a week to try stop the headache wish has help hope this help x
  • Posted

I was on this site looking for help with something very similar a little while back.

Go and see a Chiropractor, preferably one that someone has recommended.

When the discs in your spine are out of alignment it affects your nervous system and the messages that nerves send to your brain.

A good Chiro will send you for a scan and then treat you.

After my first adjustment I immediately felt better, like a fog had lifted and I could finally think clearly again! I had also been having bouts of dizziness which subsided after a few sessions

• Posted

Do you go to the Chiropractor? He or she might be able to help. If you neck or upper back is out of alignment. You never know! I had dizziness last week, and I went to my chiropractor and it cleared up straight away.

Or if you know a good Osteopath, they might be able to help too!

• Posted

Been struggling with the same headaches for months, heat and deep relaxation exercises are helping the pain ease. Drs have no idea what it is I'm just waiting for botox. Hope you find relief Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.