Pressure headache four months straight, no break!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I'm at my wits end. I have felt consant pressure in my nose, cheeks, roof of mouth, forehead for the last 4 month. This has been a constant feeling without any break, however the pressure does range from easy to ignore to a major obstacle in my daily routine.

I have seen doctors specializing in neurology and sinuses, as well as two different primary care physicians in order to remedy this. I have undergone two MRIs (brain, upper spine) and 1 CAT scan (sinuses). The neurologist did not see notice any abnormalities and diagnosed me with migraines. I was placed on amitriptyline for a month to no effect. I was then placed on topomax for a week before I had to halt taking it due to side effects. During this week I didn't feel any relief. I was also given imitrex, which still did nothing to help my situation. I cannot help but feel that if none of these medications didn't help then I may not be dealing with migraines. 

The ENT (for sinuses) noticed inflammation in the CAT scan, but was unsure if this was the cause for my constant pain. He recommended opening up my sinuses through surgery, but said that he was only 50% sure this would help me. 

The feeling of pressure increases drastically whenever I lay down to fall asleep. When I wake up, it seems to have completely disappeared for around 5 minutes until it returns for the rest of the day. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen do not seem to affect the feeling. I have halted my consumption of caffeine, I do not drink, and I do not smoke. I have a relatively healthy diet. My blood panels did not suggest a direction to go in either. I do not have a prior history of headaches, or any or health problems 

I need this to end. Any help is appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Tkam

Sorry to hear of your pain. I to have episodic headaches that last about 4 months than disappear without explanation.

If you have insurance and can afford to, ou need to see the doctors at the Michigan Head Pain and Neurological institute in Ann Arbor MI.   I to was at my wits end and they are great there.  In the most complicated  cases,  like yours and mine, they will admit u and you become an inpatient. There are a team of doctors who work with you  and they helped me so much. They have a Facebook page and and u can look them up online.  If you can go, you should. Inpatient treatment is so much better. 

Feel better soon.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.