Pressure headaches at back of head

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have gone up to 100 mg from 50 mg of Sertraline to help my constant anxiety. I am suffering terrible pressure headaches which stop me doing things . Has anyone felt the same?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I have... What you do is, you take a really hot bath, & have at least, most of your body submerged in the water. It helps your muscles & nerves to relax.
    • Posted

Oh Thankyou. I've never posted on here before. I tend to get this pressure everyday. It's horrible like a tight band. Yuck 😕
    • Posted

That's actually the MAIN symptom I've always had trouble coping with when it comes along. It's also, one of the first few symptoms I feel when I'm about to have an anxiety attack. It'll stay, for a long time, too. I hope you feel better, hon.
    • Posted

Yes it stays ages. Life is not easy when it could be if only these symptoms could be overcome. Do you take Sertraline?
    • Posted

I do not take Sertaline, but I believe I have been taking Atarax for my anxiety. It is only temporary. I'm gonna follow-up with my therapist soon. But if Sertaline isn't helping you much already, & you're up to 100mg, I would suggest going to a different anxiety med. smile
    • Posted

Yep. Kayla is right. Maybe even get some magnesium too. Take it at night. It helps relax your muscles. smile
    • Posted

50 mg did work when I went on them 3 years ago but had lots of issues recently so just started 100 mg 2 days ago
    • Posted

Magnesium is great and melatonin. Careful with the magnesium to much will give you the runs.
    • Posted

His medications was upped.  It takes time for even an increase to build up our systems.  You could ride it out, but after at least 2 weeks no change.  May need to follow up with doctor. 
  • Posted

I also had the same pain yesterday today it is gone. Was the change in your medication suggested by your doctor? If it was ,then you need to trust your doctor and let the medication do its job. You know those meds have side effect sometimes ,but if the pain continues contact your doctor he might be able you give you more accurate answer.
  • Posted

pressure headaches are very common for us anxiety sufferers.  I hope that the increase in dosage helps.  You could ask your doctor for clonzapam or some other anti anxiety med to assist with faster relief from anxiety.  If not try learning to meditate, especially a guided one that is guiding you to meditate.  With anxiety we tense up, and adrenaline is running through our bodies.  With some of the guided meditations teach to do muscle relaxation etc.  Wish  you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.