Pressure in head

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi looking for some information please. Im a 28 year old female who is currently suffering with a pressure feeling in head. Its like theres a build up of pressure throughout my head and when i move it as though theres a fluid build up. Sometimes theres a sharp pain and im always lightheaded especially when i move about and feel as though im spinning slightly. Its also making me feel really nauseous and when i breathe out its as though it pushes on the pressure. Is this some type of headache or more? Please help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I went to a doctor today and talked about similar issues. I got through the last week by exercising and drinking plenty of water.  

However, for the future, my doctor has increased my blood pressure tablets (I'm at least 30 years older!) and put me down for neck physiotherapy which i'd never heard of until today. 

I also had something like elecrtic shocks in the head and Ive been advised it might be nerve endings that need gabapentin. Only got the prescription this evening, so not got the tablets yet to try.

• Posted

Oh John thank you for your reply! Definitely let me know how you get on with tablets and neck therapy, it can be quite worrying when its a head issue especially going on for a while!
    • Posted

Nikki

Results are unlikely to happen quickly and in any case, what might work for one, might not work for another.  I gave you the information so that you can give it some thought.  But you really ought to talk to a trained medical practitioner and don't take too much from the internet...as I initially did. You'll be writing yourself off too quickly.

You have youth on your side and you'll get through this quicker than you think. Be positive but don't leave it to simply happen on its own. Get to the doctor asap and discuss it with them. And if one doctor doesn't listen, find another one until you get one that will. Keep on and on and on until it's sorted.  With determination, you will get there in the end.

• Posted

I agree with John01. See your GP first. It will put your mind at rest. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.