Pressure in left ear

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice on something that's turning into a bit of a saga.

I've had a feeling of pressure in my left ear for a couple of years now, and it gets worse after loud noise (I also have a buzzing at extremely loud sounds which I assume is a kind of hyperacusis). No matter what I do, my ear feels blocked.

I've got loud tinnitus on the same side, and I've had a drunk/spaced out feeling for around 2 years now (been tested for BBPV and Labrinthytis but nothing seems to work).

I've been to the ENT a few times and I've even paid for a private consultation but they all say there is physically nothing inside my ear. Also had a hearing test which was fine, plus an MRI which was clear.

I know they say my ear is clear, but I can FEEL something there. Am I going mad?

I've also been told that I've got astygmatism in my left eye (the same side as the ear issues).

Any advice please? Greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Chris I've had something similar for 3 months with sore ear and head pressure and ears acting funny Have you had any improvement?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.