Pressure in right side of head!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been having pressure in the right side of my head around my temples and ears! I have had it for 5 days now and doctor says its tension from clenching jaw! Anybody else have this? Pain killers don't help and it feels very strange as if my head is full of something and it's trying to get out! Very weird feeling.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

you have anxiety?with anxiety is very common to clench your jaw..for me i do that all the time and nowdays i remind myself not to..
    • Posted

Hi yes I do and I also clench when I am asleep! I have tried to keep relaxing my jaw but it's still there 😢
    • Posted

hahah i do that to..i will ask myself time and again weather im clenching my jaw to make me aware of that habit to break it..so when i will remind myself to relax
  • Posted

Wow I thought I was going crazy or the only one experiencing this same thing , right by my right ear I feel pressure and sometimes a dull pain , right near my ear , I thought I had a ear infection or something ,, I would also get this pulsating throbbing feeling in my head ,, got checked out doctor said its all from tension , and when I took pain meds nothing would work , so of even after all MRIs and cat sancs I still believed something was seriously wrong !!
    • Posted

Yep I have had cut scans and Mri and I still think something is seriously wrong!! I can't get it out of my head! Someone said it could be tmj
    • Posted

Yeahbthia ia very annoying , but What is tmj , I never heard of that ?
    • Posted

It's to do with the jaw hinge I think it's where there is added pressure on it from clenching etc and it can cause jaw,ear, head, neck pain and pressure and clicking jaw etc.
  • Posted

Yes yes thats me and eventually the muscle build and blocks your eustatian tube causeing clogged ear and tinnit.. A maxillary surgeon can custom fit you for a soft splint night gaurd to wear when you sleep. They do sell some in the oharmacies but they arent custom and online they have them. Custom fit are the best. It takes about teen days till they work the first few days hurts more as it all gets used to it but well worth it and it fixes the discomfort.must b soft splint not a hard one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.