Pressure in right side of head

Posted , 31 users are following.

Hello everyone, my names Andrew. For about 7 days now I've had a strange pressure type felling in the right side of my head. It seemed to begin behind my eye, but then seemed to settle in the right temple for a few days. But for the last couple of days it's been in the back right side of my head. I wouldn't call it a pain, but pressure. I feel like that's an important distinction? I've tried to take pain killers but they don't seem to help. My doctors office can't see me for another week so I'm left to fend for myself until my appointment. If I'm completely honest I'm deathly afraid that I have a brain tumor. And I'm in a weird way happy to wait to go to the doctors office. I've only last week turned 26 and up til now everything in my life was going well for a change. It would destroy me if the worst should happen. I've had someone say that it could be a migraine, I've had another say it could be a head cold and catarrh. Ive been told it might be a nerve thing. Another person suggested I could simply need glasses. But I always worry about the worst outcome I can't help it, I'm a worrier. A few times I've felt a sort of tingly feeling radiate into the right side of my face, I'm not sure if that's important? My speech hasn't been slurred, nor have I lost any coordination. I haven't had any seizures either or the typical things you think of with a brain tumour, just the head ache. It doesn't seem to get better or worse no matter what I've tried. My vision is also ok I think. If anything Ive sometines got some floaters but that's nothing new for me. I need people to tell me that I'm overreacting and need to stop worrying, but if anyone can offer me some advice that would be great. Maybe if anyone has been in my position before and can give me some insight.

Thanks, Andrew

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, any update? Im actually experiencing right now the same thing as andrew explained above. I just had an appointment with my neuro and he did some physical tests to me and he said that everything seems to be fine. But i know there's really something wrong in my head. He gave me a medicine clonazepam but im not taking it. I tried to research about it and it can give a life threatening side effect. Next week is my follow up with my neuro for some diagnostic tests. Hopefully nothing is seriously wrong. Anyone here who got an answer about it? Im wondering what it really is. Im getting paranoid this past few days.

• Posted

Im having the same symptoms, though on a scale of 1-10 it's barely a 1. I'd say it's affecting my vision as well but my vision was blurry before I felt this. Any updates on what your doctor said?

• Posted

Im having the same symptoms, though on a scale of 1-10 it's barely a 1. I'd say it's affecting my vision as well but my vision was blurry before I felt this. I also have a case of Googleitis and found that it could be an aneurysm along the optic nerve, but you'd think I'd feel more symptoms than my right temple that's sore to the touch. Any updates on what your doctor said?

• Posted

Hi drew, I’ve been having pressure on the right side of my head. For a good 6 months now. Nothing seems to work. I find it very interesting that you too were prescribed sumatriptan. So was I . They prescribed me with propanolol & muscle relaxers as well. It only seems to relieve my symptoms but the pressure always comes back. I’m only 19, I got a CT Scan & waiting for my results back. I’ve been waiting patiently and haven’t panicked about what it might be. Please give us an update I want to know what happened ! Thx !

• Edited

Hello everyone, I too have been experiencing pressure like feeling on the right side of temple. It's not painful, it's pressure. To me, it feels more nero than tumor. I would have spouts of headaches but not as bad as they use to be so that's good. But I'm still getting this pressure like feeling. Sometimes it's on one side, sometimes at both. Oh, I also get this feeling through my head like someone I pinching my nerves with a pair of tweezers. But, odd thing is, it's not painful, it's not pressure but I can feel it. It's the weirdest thing I have ever felt. I don't know if anyone is a smoker but I do smoke a pack every other day so I don't know if smoking can be the cause or if it's something else. 6 yrs ago I because a vitcim of anxiety just up and out if the blue. It was so bad I even had panic attacks. Anyway, ever since I had my anxiety I've been feeling these weird head feelings. ( BTW, I have previously mentioned about headaches, they were tension headaches and when I get them, they are extremely painful )

• Posted

Hi Tiffany, any update on your situation? did you get a doctor's diagnosis? I'm experiencing just what you described and I'm terrified

• Posted

Hi all,

I too for the last 5 weeks have been feeling a slight pressure which is localised on top of my head slightly to the right side. I remember feeling a few what felt like spasms or brain zaps at first which has now settled to this dull ache.

The ache itself hasn’t stopped me doing anything nor have I had bad vision, dizziness, weakness etc etc just literally a dull ache which is constant and hasn’t gone at all. I don’t think it’s gotten any worse. 

I do suffer from major anxiety about health ever since I had a small heart palpitation years ago. Everytime I get Ill i feel like it’s the worst case scenario. No leading up to this dull ache I was playing sports and exercising heavily. I’m not sure if I maybe had done something to my neck.

I’m really worried because this ache has not gone and being in the head it makes me panic so much more.  I’m 23 and usually fit and healthy, bar my bad health anxiety.

Has anyone got any ideas to what I could try to remove this ache.

I do have another doctors appointment booked and an appointment with the neuro but this isn’t for over a month.

Thanks, 

• Edited

Hello All, I came across to this thread 2 weeks back though Google when I was searching for this strange pressure on the right side of my head. Many people have posted here regarding this problem but no one have posted how they got rid of this pressure. I want to highlight that I had the same problem which is described by Andrew at the first place. I was having pressure in the right side my head and sometime on ear at well. I never had such problem in the past and it had already been 3 weeks since it got started. I was also very afraid of visiting the doctor and the possibility of Cancer or Brain tumour haunted me. Then one day I decided to visit neurologist. He listened to me very patiently and he thoroughly examined me. We had the discussion on medical history of my family and myself. He finally told me that this is nothing but a migraine and hypertension. He gave me couple of medicines (TRYPTOMER and NAXDOM - Please do not take these medicines without advise of doctor) and advised me for meditation, exercise, proper diet and sleep. I felt better very next day after taking the medicines and following the guidelines given by him. I am completely fit and fine now.

I am not sure that everyone is having the same problem here, only a doctor can advise after proper examination. But I just wanted to highlight that please do not think about the consequences of test results and take tension, please do not be afraid of visiting the doctor. There is a proper treatment available for every disease. If you are reading my post because you are experiencing strange pressure at right side of your head then please do not take tension or over think about the possibility of brain tumour or cancer, just visit the doctor. You might be having same problem as of mine, which is very common now-a-days. I hope this post will help you guys. Stay healthy and stay fit.

Regards,

Tarang

• Posted

A little update about my headache.

Just after roughly a month after I posted a reply on this topic 9 months ago, my headache gone by itself. I didn't use more medicine, just the medicine that prescribed at that time (I went to hospital twice at that time). I just changed my lifestyle into a more healthy one.

But now after 8 month headache free with no other symptom, I got the same headache again since 4 days ago. It's still at the same spot, on top of my skull a bit to the right. But the different thing is, I feel throbbing headache at that spot now alongside the pressure that I feel almost 24hr/day (my headache at 9 months ago didn't have throbbing, only pressure feeling). It feels like someone pressing a nail on that spot, and when the throbbing occurred it feels like someone hammer that nail!

Today this headache became more intense since last night, the throbbing keep waking me up from my sleep every 1/2 hour or 1 hour, so I had troubled to sleep last night and ended up googling about brain tumor headache with this keyword all night "Can brain tumor headache go away/Does brain tumor headache come and goes?".

I'm planning to visit the doctor again if this headache doesn't get better in few days.

• Posted

Hey All! I have been going through the exact same thing for months now its like I'm used to it now. I honest think it stems from neck and back problems and also aniexty. When it first happened I realized that I had these knots in my neck. One at the back of my neck and one on the side of my neck. I've heard that back problems can cause a tons of other things such as what we've all been going through. I came across thoratic outlet syndrome which has symtoms similar to the pain I also feel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.