Pressure in stomach causing anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am experiencing severe pressure off and on in my stomach giving me anxiety attacks. It is so scary becbecause it makes me feel breathless. It is like a tight band under the ribs. I have this fir days st the time. No pain just pressure.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Please get checked as soon as possible!  Those are all signs of heart problems.  
  • Posted

Have you seen a doctor? Maybe you should just in case if it's something more serious or a simple case to be resolved. I'm not a doctor so no idea what could be. Hope you find an answer or feel better soon.
  • Posted

Ive had that tight band pressure and its horrible. Mine was due to acid reflux caused by a hiatus hernia. Certainly worth getting it checked out. 😊
  • Posted

Hi Delores 

I hope you went and got yourself checked out , any sort of pressure around your abdnomen needs checking out , Do you suffer with acid reflux / i know if ive had a bad episode i can get tight and breathless , the acid can come really high up into the chest and it can cause narrowing of the airways almost like an asthma attack ,cold weather can do it for me too , Gina is right to that you need to see the doctor asap , but please remember its likely not your heart , anxiety can give you very similar symptoms ! its also good to remember women dont always get the classic signs of heart atttack , it can be pains in the chin and neck, shoulders , sweating, nausia and of course breathlessness , 

• Posted

Adding on to what I initially wrote....I have had pressure in the chest/throat area.  I suffer from GERD and have a hiatal (sp?) hernia.  When I first encountered the pain, I was tested for heart problems. When I was cleared of that, I had an endoscopy and that's when the GERD and Hernia were discovered.  So, I know that GERD and hernia can cause the pain/pressure, but so can heart problems.  What concerns me about yours is that you are suffering anxiety too.  Anxiety can be a sign of heart issues.  It's not very likely that's what's going on with you since you've had it for a while, but I'd have it checked out if I were you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.